LED with UVB seems to drastically reduce bloom time - good or bad?

OttawaGreen

My DNA chocolope plants used to take 10 weeks of 12/12 to finish with hps.
This grow I switched to LED and added reptile UVB. I am 7 weeks into 12/12 and the plants look almost ready. Anyone else noticed LED and/or UVB making their plants bloom much faster?
Having a batch ready in 8.5 weeks instead if ten seems great except perhaps this will mean less yield since they usual fatten up at the end(although they look great so far).
Who has tried led and/or uvb and fond flowering to be faster?

Check out colourful trichomes at week 7 of formerly 10 week strain:
image17274.jpg
image17273.jpg
image17269.jpg

Like I said it did not change my harvest time. I thought it would because the trichomes were changing early but that is only on the leaves. On the bud they look normal amount of cloudy and amber. It has been 9 weeks and I have one week to go same as normal.

I am pretty sure my Purpling was caused by uvb as it was not in the middle where the most uvb is given when the light mover pauses at the ends. Left it on anyway and now middle leaves have turned darker than purple with brown spots. I think they have uv burn. So maybe there is such a thing as too much ;-). Have turned off uvb for now. Perhaps last three weeks would be better if you have full diverge close to plants like I do. If it is far away or you have to move them around manual then maybe all the time is fine. Could also be strain dependant. I expect my sativas are used to more uv...
Oh well need to experiment more.

Interesting, for my money UVB ups the potency, especially if your pheno has higher levels of thc genetically. I've been thinking about influence on flowering time, but unfortunately I always use the same source of light: sun. Anyway to get full UVB benefits the plants should be exposed to it throughout the whole growing cycle, maybe except first week when they do not tolerate it well.

Ok for starters this sounds awesome, but I have a couple questions. First what type bulb (spot light, CFL, or tube) did you use? did you only use one bulb or multiple? What wattage bulbs did you use?

My area is 4'x5'x7'h I currently have a 300W LED (cheap Chinese crap) and 8 23W CFLs @6500K and 1 23W 2700K (just because I ran out of the 6500K lights) and an old ass T-12 two bulb light fixture surrounding 3 plants in 10 Gallon fabric pots, and to say I don't get the best harvest for my setup is putting it mild, I got alright harvests for my experience level but nothing to write home about. So if I could find a way to boost the amount of trichomes (I make oil too so this is a bonus) I would be a very happy guy, then I can work on building the rest of my system and replacing the crap lights.

Back
Top Bottom