Leftover nute solution...do I have to toss it, or will it store well if refrigerated?

GrowingGirls

I sometimes end up mixing more nute solution than I need, and in the past I had been just keeping it on the shelf in the grow room and using it for the next watering. I stopped doing that earlier this week when I found mold growing in two of my mixing jugs.

Today I mixed up 2 gallons, but my plants turned out to be not that thirsty and I have a gallon leftover. I was going to dump it, but I am really low on 2 of the 3 bottles (GH 3-part) and I need to delay a trip to the store as long as possible for financial reasons.

I figured storing the solution in my refrigerator might stop mold from growing. So my questions are: Is that true? And is it okay to use leftover solution at all? Obviously I am not going to risk my crop over the impracticality of having to buy more nutes right now, but is it's safe I want to use what I have.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the issue of using nutes that were not freshly mixed addressed somewhere here before, but I can't find the info now.

Thanks!

Re: Leftover nute solution...do I have to toss it, or will it store well if refrigera

I would think a couple of days is ok,, I know the nutes I use say to use it within 2 days of mixing, and to store in cool/dark place,,,

if you are talking a week or so,, then I would toss it.. just my opinion,, no real experience with it,, :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom