Legal grow outdoor security

sten

I live in LA county and I'm looking to start a small, legal outdoor grow for myself and my wife (12 plants). We're looking at property right now and I've been wondering how concerned I need to be about security.

I ideally I'd have some place in the middle of nowhere with a fence, foliage to hide behind, and a guard dog or 3, but that scenario is unlikely in the near future. The places I'm looking at range from fairly remote to just on the other side of a hill from a housing development - LA's pretty crowded. Additionally, a lot of the land out here is really steep, making fencing (and indeed, planting) a difficult option. And while I'd like to live on the land myself eventually, that's something down the road, so I can't very well guard it myself or even leave a dog all alone.

Given that it's small and legal (I'd post our paperwork with it), I'm not so worried about cops as I am about thieves. How common is thievery in a city where it seems like everyone and their mom is growing? Will something like tall bamboo around the perimeter be enough to hide it or do I really need to make a good fence happen? Is it even a good idea to attempt an outdoor grow on a property I won't be living on to guard all the time?

Any insights you have would be great, thanks!

So I should wait until I can grow and live in the same place is what you're sayin. Or else get that 65 acre parcel up in the mountains I've been eying...

6 mature plants and 12 immature plants is the legal limit in LA county just to be clear.
And yeah, I wouldn't even think about growing somewhere that I wouldn't be.
Setting up that type of house is just asking for trouble.
Live and grow on your own land, and do it legally.
:peace:

6 mature plants and 12 immature plants is the legal limit in LA county just to be clear.
And yeah, I wouldn't even think about growing somewhere that I wouldn't be.
Setting up that type of house is just asking for trouble.
Live and grow on your own land, and do it legally.
Make sure greenhopuse is locked up
you can grow up to 99 plants .. go get grow lic from state then your all good !

Make sure greenhopuse is locked up
you can grow up to 99 plants .. go get grow lic from state then your all good !

Look up the legal limits for individual counties, you cannot grow 99 plants anywhere in the state.

Hahaha then why there state law SB420 google it !

Seems like your the one who doesn't understand the legalities, or probably care.
This website is about cannabis awareness, not trolling and spouting un-reliable information.

:420:

The limit on number of plants can be up to 99 depending on county you live in most counties do not except 99 plants for 1 over 100 is a 5 year penalty in federal prison. 6 mature or 12 immature plants. Up here in northern cali it ranges anywhere from 6 to 24 that's it for flowering bud.

I just noticed my above post that I worded it wrong, I ment to say " You can't grow 99 plants EVERYWHERE in the state"

It is acknowledged that places in nor cal accept 99 plants as a maximum, or legal limit. However the premise of this thread is based off the idea of Los Angeles County limits..

Back
Top Bottom