Can You Hire A Security Guard to Guard A Legal Medical Garden?

Has any member ever even heard of this? Do you think it would fly? I am talking a real security guard not say a hired friend.

It would be to guard a grow site in residential neighborhood not a guerrela grow.

Can you hire a armed proffesional security? or even a rent a pig.

I am not thinking about doing this but I was just wondering? what is your take on it?

Re: Can Yoy Hire A Security Guard to Guard A Legal Medical Garden?

sure why not? Its your money, the security company will be happy to take it., so long as it's a legal garden, and you have the proper paperwork, I don't see how they can refuse. Now your risking getting your stash pinched by a security guard, but no one will steal the bulk of your plants unless the security guard, comes back later, when he's off duty, or runs his mouth to other security guards at his company.

I'm sure you can, but you know...security guards are like potato chips--you can't have just one. They gotta sleep sometime. So hiring "professional" guards for 24/7 peace of mind will get real pricey real quick, and armed guards even more.

I don't know, but I bet armed guards would get you in trouble with the po-po unless very VERY discreet. I'm licensed to carry, but moved my guns out because of the "formula" the sheriffs around here go by to bust people for sales. Here is the criteria to getting yourself busted for growing with intent to sell in Tehama County, whether you have a recommendation or not:

1. Cultivation
2. Scales
3. Baggies
4. Numerous individually sealed processed herb
5. Firearms, or any other lethal weapon

I wish I still had my shotgun and my 9mm. I feel naked and vulnerable without them. But I feel even more vulnerable and at risk with them here. I'm already guilty of having the first 4 on the list. #5 would be the breaker that would get me arrested, no question. I had a neighbor friend and recommendation carrying grower who is now in Susanville sitting out 3 years (if he can get parole to shorten his sentence) for having a pellet gun in addition to the first 4. When John got arrested and sentenced (he had less than a QP in his house), I sold my guns and went to tazers and pepper spray. If someone comes in with guns for my crop, I now say, "let 'em have 'em," instead of "let 'em have it." It's easy to grow another plant. It's not easy to grow another friend or one's own life....

they can pry my .45 from my cold dead fingers.

They key is to not let them find #'s 2 and 3.
Those are far easier to hide, and cheaper than a gun, and require alot less time to acquire than it takes to grow new plants.

Laws cannot circumvent the Bill of Rights. If you have no disqualifying criminal record, and you have the legal right to grow, they CANNOT use your legal possession of both a firearm and a grow plot against you as "mounting evidence". It sounds like your neighbors attorney sucked. I'll make sure, I have no baggies in my house, and go buy new baggies as needed before, I'll give the gun up. The gun isn't to protect my plants, it's to protect my family and myself, if I caught someone stealing my stash, I probably wouldn't shoot them...oh wait yes, I would because Florida has a "Protect your property law" now. And Charlie Crist says I can shoot someone for endangering me by being on my property nefariously, but thats my situation, in your situation, just throw the extra baggies away and go buy a fresh box every crop. Now they only have 4 out of the 5, and any attorney worth his salt should be able to beat that.

they can pry my .45 from my cold dead fingers.

They key is to not let them find #'s 2 and 3.
Those are far easier to hide, and cheaper than a gun, and require alot less time to acquire than it takes to grow new plants.

Laws cannot circumvent the Bill of Rights. If you have no disqualifying criminal record, and you have the legal right to grow, they CANNOT use your legal possession of both a firearm and a grow plot against you as "mounting evidence". It sounds like your neighbors attorney sucked. I'll make sure, I have no baggies in my house, and go buy new baggies as needed before, I'll give the gun up. The gun isn't to protect my plants, it's to protect my family and myself, if I caught someone stealing my stash, I probably wouldn't shoot them...oh wait yes, I would because Florida has a "Protect your property law" now. And Charlie Crist says I can shoot someone for endangering me by being on my property nefariously, but thats my situation, in your situation, just throw the extra baggies away and go buy a fresh box every crop. Now they only have 4 out of the 5, and any attorney worth his salt should be able to beat that.

Thing is, I use baggies all the time for non-cannabis uses. I use my old triple beam daily to weigh herbs and ingredients for cooking and baking, for weighing powdered meds for my koi, goldfish and kitty colony. They're both in my kitchen, and indispensable to me. Having a gun means that if I have to point it at anyone, I'm gonna kill them. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. If, no, when I pull the trigger, I'm not going to stop until that person is dead. Otherwise, no matter how good the lawyer is, I can still face prison OR civil suit for the damage I did to that person, no matter his/her intent and no matter how right I am. AND, if I kill them, I better drag them into the house, because if it's outside, it is understood that I had reasonable room to flee.

It just gets so sticky with having, and god forbid, having to use a firearm to protect hearth and home. No matter how right and totally justified you may be, if you don't go by the "book" you're risking it being thrown at you and ending up in prison yourself.

At my age and with all the souls entrusted to my care, I just can't go there. I'd rather die first.

Sorry for inadvertently redirecting your thread, Dirtfarmer. It sorta goes along with armed guards, but not quite.....

:peace:

Get a large dog would be my advice.

That's free money growing out there. A rent-a-cop making 7 bucks an hour is going to be mighty tempted to walk off with the crop come harvest time.

i am unemployed presently and would like to look into this as an option . looking for room and board in exchange for these services. would look after someones garden in exchange for my services.plus money to spend and a good amount of time off. plus being allowed to grow and maintain one or two plants. assuming this would be a year round position. i have no criminal record. i have complete knowledge of all types of weapons,their use and how to cover my *ss.

No legal reason you can't hire a guard. However keep in mind most "security" gaurds are nothing more than minimum wage wanna be cops. Likely cause you far more problems than help. You know they will talk about your crop to others and perhaps even try to set you up with the feds in order to get a foot in the door with that agency. The fewer that know the safer you will be. Your grow is rather unique in that it is HUGE. Very hard to stay stealthy when the plants are as tall as your house. lol. Electronic surveliance equipment is probably your best bet. Costco has some great multi camera systems that you can cover all directions of approach to your location and also cover the garden.

G'day Dirtfarmer,
This might sound a little out there but a mate of mine put a male Turkey in his backyard to protect his girls. They make a shitload of noise if there is a disturbance during the day or night & they are not afraid of anything. He reckons they get even more aggresive if you occasionally feed them meat. Nothing but him got near his plants. Christmas was also taken care of. Cheers dude

G'day Dirtfarmer,
This might sound a little out there but a mate of mine put a male Turkey in his backyard to protect his girls. They make a shitload of noise if there is a disturbance during the day or night & they are not afraid of anything. He reckons they get even more aggresive if you occasionally feed them meat. Nothing but him got near his plants. Christmas was also taken care of. Cheers dude

I think my dogs would eat a turkey pretty fast. I have heard gease also.

if i had to i would employ someone to guard my sh*t... if your grow is legal there is no reason you cant hire a guard...keep it on the books and its all good. . . or know a big dude that throws his weight for cash...then again there are alternatives that may be better...

no not illegal immigrants or underage workers... i like the TURKEY suggestion... but a dog or geese or infrared alarm or....a camera or...or...or....would all work fine

Back
Top Bottom