Lemon Kush - Yellow leaves - 4 week flowering - Please help

denverbroncos

Hi All - first time grow ever so I am a newb , just moved to CO and tired of ripp off dispensaries

Here is a lil info - 4 weeks into flowering and have leaves turning yellow fast at bottom of plant - I am scared it will spread too quick ?!?

-LED lighs
-Lemon Kush - indica
-Flowering - 4 weeks
-Nutrients - Bio Bizz (grow, bloom, top Max)
-Soil - Fox Farms OF

I am trying to post pics below - any feedback on what this may be or about the grow I'm general is appreciated!!!! Cheers and look forward to hearing back

Hey denverbroncos. Welcome to the forums. I like the name by the way. CO reppin.

A picture would definitely be helpful. Leaves can yellow in different ways and for different reasons, so it's hard to figure out exactly what's going on just by your description.

20150914_130539.jpg
20150914_125831.jpg
20150914_125809.jpg

Hey iwltfum! thanks for the reply - and scary win yesterday for Broncos!

I think i've finally managed to upload the pics ... sorry they may be sideways... it was super sketch trying to upload these

thanks again!

Hey iwltfum! thanks for the reply - and scary win yesterday for Broncos!

I think i've finally managed to upload the pics ... sorry they may be sideways... it was super sketch trying to upload these

thanks again!

Sure was!

It looks like the yellowing that generally comes with the switch to full bloom nutrients. You could add something to the top of the soil like worm castings, fish meal, alfalfa meal, or something like that but it probably isn't completely necessary. If the yellowing starts creeping up more towards the middle of the plant or to the top, then I would add one of those things.

You could also try feeding more often or with stronger nutrient solutions.

Are you checking the pH. A slight imbalance of pH can cause yellowing like that too.

right on! I been reading on it lately and learned that it may be due to lack of N since I (wrongly) stopped feeding bio-grow when flipped to flower... Gave her a lil dose of grow y'day and hopefully she responds

I don't check pH but always let tap water sit overnight and use 1/4 strength nutes...

It is just noticeable now and I'm freaking out lol (slightly neurotic)

Thanks for guidance and hoping this baby turns out alright :)

do theylook healthy though, will be able to harvest something?? Anything lol... Thank you :Namaste:

They definitely look good other than the yellow leaves - nice and plump for week 4 of bloom. You'll definitely harvest something, but if the yellowing starts to spread. I would first, check the pH of the run off water and second, if your pH is within a good range, then I would add some nitrogen heavy top amendment like the ones I mentioned above.

Great , sounds good ... I will keep an eye on the yellowing...

Thanks for the tips to a newbie!

If ph isn't between 6-7 do I flush it so close to harvest (4weeks away)?

If the run off is not in a good range, then I would just make sure your feed water is in the right range.

If it's not in the right range, then that's probably your problem and you should adjust the pH of the feed water every time you water to make sure it stays at the correct pH
If the feed water IS in the right range, then it's probably your soil. If the pH is too high, then you can add sulfur pellets to the top of the soil (in low amounts - follow recommendations on the label). If it's too low, then you can add dolomite lime or wood ash. Just sprinkle a little over the top of the soil before watering then check the pH of the run off. Careful not to use too much though. Start out slow.

They're sleeping now but I'm interested to see if yellowing spread in AM (??!!??)

Thanks for advice - I will sprinkle some FFOF soil, which has castings, to top off in AM ... I also read up and bought some cal mag which I believe may help in addition to the bio Bizz grow nute (for N)

Thanks and Peace World ! :) ;)

You should also look into roping or super cropping or even lst to train your plants. You don't want that Christmas tree look. You want a big bush with a flat top that has colas aplenty. The colas will be smaller then the one main cola you get from leaving them alone but will more then make up for it with the amount of new tops that become colas.

Thanks bcrane ... I tried to LST but didn't work too well haha... I am going to top next time , since I was scared on first grow..
Looks like topping only makes two colas but is more manageable than FIM to me

Overall does my baby look good for a first timer??

Yellow hasn't spread much overnight ... True that Jose , they are on bottom and kinda covered up by other leaves using platinum LED.. It is my first grow , just hopeful to get it to harvest !!! ;)

Thanks for all the advice , I will keep updates on how this baby turns out... A lot harder than originally thought

Back
Top Bottom