Lets see who our oldest forum grower is - What's your age?

Respect to the big seven zero! Me, I turn 63 in a week. I had just assumed that I was the oldest fiddle farter here and that I was surrounded by nothing but gen Xers and millennials. On reflection, of course it makes sense that hippies and their kids are here too. :)

BTW, I attempted my first grow in 1970 in a remote corner of my parents' basement using a 24" Gro Lux fluorescent tube in a fixture "borrowed" from under a counter in my mom's kitchen. When my father discovered my grow, he told me that he had wanted to replace the seedlings with marigolds but my mother had vetoed that.

Peace, love, and happy horticulture to all!
Cool I did my first grow about two years later in my neighbour's back yard. As an aside, we just moved in together a year ago.

It's awesome seeing lots of elders here! So much to learn from you wise people

Vaping and chatting last night with the 63-year-old pal that I've been getting high with for going on 50 years now, I was struck again by how although we're older and have more life experience, we are in most ways the same knuckleheads we were when we were creating elaborate roach clips in junior high metal shop.

I was helping a 70 + yr old friend cut his winter fire wood we stoped for a break an smoke a joint :eek: no roach clip. He simply reached over snapped a twig off cracked it in 1/2 almost an poof redneck roach clip. Older life exp can't be replaced ;)

It's kinda funny but I used to really enjoy sitting down and talking with the old folks that lived on our lake. They have all passed on now, but one day it dawned on me....... now I'm that old fart.

I'm not complaining but I do miss the advice and stories, so enjoy them while you can.

(or just tolerate them if you don't.):rofl:

I'm 38, I've been in prison in Venezuela for 6 years and diagnosed with severe ptsd. Also an ex heroin addict but clean since 2008. I'm happily married with two kids but with a past like mine shit always comes to haunt you so instead of taking a shit load of medication from my doctor I'm going to try something more natural and I've decided to grow a couple myself. Bubblegum and white widow, day 11 and so far so good.

42 Here and you keep it up Gamer dad !! Inspirational !! I had quite a few laughs throughout this Thread, and here I was thinking I was towards the top end.

A local newspaper here (where pot is legal) ran an article this week about "Seniors Visit a Pot Shop," as though older folks were clueless Republicans who do nothing but knit and play golf. If you were 25 in the "Summer of Love" in 1967, back when pot smoking became common, you're 75 now (which is why I think legalization will continue to advance--with the exception of tightasses like Jeff Sessions, most older people these days know that pot's just part of everyday life, not a Schedule 1 crisis).

I'm 72 and started my first grow this Feb. with two "CKS" Nothern Light autos and one PK growing in a 2ft. x 4ft. space. Loving it!

Alfonz is still our oldest grower at 72. Anybody know how to make a cannabis wreath so we can crown him :party:

Back
Top Bottom