Lifetime smoker, first time grower

BakWardzMan

Hey all. Just joined (as bn reading posts like crazy recently). Ohio born n Raised, so, since recently passed, I’m a first time grower ( besides a tiny closet plant very amateurely as a teen) Am a lifer smoker. But I can’t just smoke any kind these days (most cause me lots anxiety)
We passed it legal here back in November, though still unable to buy anywhere. So growing my own. Was gonna anyway as I love plants, and as you all know, Cannabis is an amazing plant to watch grow and transform. Spent WAY too much on a Pro setup (in soil..for now) As I’m the type to go hard or go home! And since I suffer from PTSD, I bn looking for along time for low THC/high CBD strains or an even split. And since most ppl don’t go for that, licensed growers for Medical don’t grow those strains as it don’t sell much and so not profitable to them. So I found great selection on HERBIES web shop, and am currently growing a CBD LEMON. 17/17 ratio. Cant wait to see how tht feels, though again, joined hastily for advice as she’s not doing to good, and not sure she’s gonna make it to the finish line. But starting to understand what’s wrong, and what I DID wrong, so live and learn. Got more seeds ready to go if/when this one’s done or finishes. Already getting some reply’s to my HELP post, so grateful for the advice, and hope to be a pro in no time. Thanks, and blaze one for the BakWardzMan 😶‍🌫️

:welcome: to the forum @BakWardzMan :passitleft:I too have PTSD and I've found a good fruity hybrid with about 26%THC and 5% CBD works wonders, for all my symptoms :thumb: as far as your plant goes, tell us about it,

how often do you water feed, and what ratios?
what kind of lights are you using?
what are temps and humidity like?

we need as much info as we can get to help you :morenutes::hug::snowboating:

..lol the GIF’s..I recognize that: VOLCANO bag. lol.
I bn feeding every other water, at half bottle recommended strength (GH flora series). I think the problem started from my ph pen giving me wrong numbers. Have since started using multiple pens and my eye with the ph drops/color wheel. Man, was quick, like: “she’s lookn great, looking great, WHAT THE HELL?. but as a lifetime gardener/landscaper, I know this can b the case. Plus I messed up thinking she was older (farther along) than she is. Am Keeping a daily log, but just make a mistake. ( guess forgot how to count lol) Lesson one: review your logs when you NOT high AF!! that’s when I noticed my timeline was off

Most my setup is AC Infinity, as I came across them years back when needing an automated cooling setup for my entertainment system. And when started shopping for my grow setup, found they leaned heavily into the cannabis growing market. And I like gadgets/full automaton solutions. So my light is AC Infinity T22 full spectrum led, (with sum cfls on the sides ( though swapping them out today for AC Infinity full spec. Side lighting magnet strip lights). I like the idea of side/under lighting, though I know, not necessary, and maybe a waste..(I like to go overboard when I put my mind to something)
Day 50 of my 70-75 CBD Lemon Auto. Was going great, till recently, though now realize I wasn’t picking up on early warning signs. So joined, posted in Help section, and getting many replies. It’s already help me understand more, and hopefully save my grow. We shall see.

Photo taken at this moment..
As u see, mid/late flowering, but lime green leaves and the worst being the tiny brown spots all over the leaves, mainly the top but whole plant..i have bn trimming them off from top to bottom as they get fully yellow and crunchy. Going off members advice, bumping up to full strength Nutes, on a water, feed,water,water flush, schedule. Hope she hangs in there..I don’t care much about the amount I get, just as long as get something off this.. (am having lots humidity and temp swings, Ohio weather is all over the place, and in a small Lung room, it’s bn impossible to keep steady). But bn averaging 74-77 temp with 44-65 humidity…I know in flower, keep humidity lower than vedge, just impossible where I live to get any lower than 45-50 most time, and definitely impossible to stop those nighttime swings.

IMG_1618.jpeg

Hey all. Just joined (as bn reading posts like crazy recently). Ohio born n Raised, so, since recently passed, I’m a first time grower ( besides a tiny closet plant very amateurely as a teen) Am a lifer smoker. But I can’t just smoke any kind these days (most cause me lots anxiety)
We passed it legal here back in November, though still unable to buy anywhere. So growing my own. Was gonna anyway as I love plants, and as you all know, Cannabis is an amazing plant to watch grow and transform. Spent WAY too much on a Pro setup (in soil..for now) As I’m the type to go hard or go home! And since I suffer from PTSD, I bn looking for along time for low THC/high CBD strains or an even split. And since most ppl don’t go for that, licensed growers for Medical don’t grow those strains as it don’t sell much and so not profitable to them. So I found great selection on HERBIES web shop, and am currently growing a CBD LEMON. 17/17 ratio. Cant wait to see how tht feels, though again, joined hastily for advice as she’s not doing to good, and not sure she’s gonna make it to the finish line. But starting to understand what’s wrong, and what I DID wrong, so live and learn. Got more seeds ready to go if/when this one’s done or finishes. Already getting some reply’s to my HELP post, so grateful for the advice, and hope to be a pro in no time. Thanks, and blaze one for the BakWardzMan 😶‍🌫️
Welcome to the 420 Magazine family and ☘️Happy St.Patrick’s Day. CL🍀. :thumb: :welcome::theband::circle-of-love::party:

I bn feeding every other water, at half bottle recommended strength (GH flora series). I think the problem started from my ph pen giving me wrong numbers. Have since started using multiple pens and my eye with the ph drops/color wheel. Man, was quick, like: “she’s lookn great, looking great, WHAT THE HELL?. but as a lifetime gardener/landscaper, I know this can b the case. Plus I messed up thinking she was older (farther along) than she is. Am Keeping a daily log, but just make a mistake. ( guess forgot how to count lol) Lesson one: review your logs when you NOT high AF!! that’s when I noticed my timeline was off

Most my setup is AC Infinity, as I came across them years back when needing an automated cooling setup for my entertainment system. And when started shopping for my grow setup, found they leaned heavily into the cannabis growing market. And I like gadgets/full automaton solutions. So my light is AC Infinity T22 full spectrum led, (with sum cfls on the sides ( though swapping them out today for AC Infinity full spec. Side lighting magnet strip lights). I like the idea of side/under lighting, though I know, not necessary, and maybe a waste..(I like to go overboard when I put my mind to something)
Day 50 of my 70-75 CBD Lemon Auto. Was going great, till recently, though now realize I wasn’t picking up on early warning signs. So joined, posted in Help section, and getting many replies. It’s already help me understand more, and hopefully save my grow. We shall see.

As u see, mid/late flowering, but lime green leaves and the worst being the tiny brown spots all over the leaves, mainly the top but whole plant..i have bn trimming them off from top to bottom as they get fully yellow and crunchy. Going off members advice, bumping up to full strength Nutes, on a water, feed,water,water flush, schedule. Hope she hangs in there..I don’t care much about the amount I get, just as long as get something off this.. (am having lots humidity and temp swings, Ohio weather is all over the place, and in a small Lung room, it’s bn impossible to keep steady). But bn averaging 74-77 temp with 44-65 humidity…I know in flower, keep humidity lower than vedge, just impossible where I live to get any lower than 45-50 most time, and definitely impossible to stop those nighttime swings.

IMG_1618.jpeg
I had a learning curve too my friend, I'm self taught so it was trial and error for me, started in '08 with some bag seeds and some fluorescent lights, in Miracle Grow no less :rofl: quickly switched to HIDs and Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil, whether organic or nutrients, I use FFOF as my base.
I never PH, I use my tap water, it runs on average about 7.2 :thedoubletake: but the soil buffers the PH for me, I try to keep it as simple as possible and my cycle is...water water feed...and I wait till my leaves start to droop before watering or feeding, so I know it's had a good dry period to search for water and grow some roots, and I personally never flush (a flushing is 3x the amount of the pot size) it causes undo stress on the plants, IMO, instead, for the last 3 weeks of flower, they get nothing but water, that way they cannibalize their leaves where all the good food is stored...works for me, take a walk through my garden and take a look :passitleft:

I had a learning curve too my friend, I'm self taught so it was trial and error for me, started in '08 with some bag seeds and some fluorescent lights, in Miracle Grow no less :rofl: quickly switched to HIDs and Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil, whether organic or nutrients, I use FFOF as my base.
I never PH, I use my tap water, it runs on average about 7.2 :thedoubletake: but the soil buffers the PH for me, I try to keep it as simple as possible and my cycle is...water water feed...and I wait till my leaves start to droop before watering or feeding, so I know it's had a good dry period to search for water and grow some roots, and I personally never flush (a flushing is 3x the amount of the pot size) it causes undo stress on the plants, IMO, instead, for the last 3 weeks of flower, they get nothing but water, that way they cannibalize their leaves where all the good food is stored...works for me, take a walk through my garden and take a look :passitleft:
So do u use liquid fertilizeres?..from what I bn reading, they contain so much salts, it will start to damage yr plant if u don’t wash those salts out from time to time..
Yeah, water has bn a struggle…I don’t have a water softener, so I didn’t want all tht scale going into my plant. Bn using bottled purified and distilled, but tht got expensive and a hassle, as its very alkaline, needing to ph down, but recently bn reading thts not good to use allot as adds more salts to yr medium. so bn collecting rain and filtering it…still needs ph’d for plan water and with added liquid Nutes. working ok for now, but once summer comes around, tht water sitting in barrels will get nasty, but still looking into rain collecting, and purifying it. My town tap water literally stinks, and again w/o water softer, I can’t use expensive filters as wear out to fast with hard water.

Welcome to the 420 Magazine family and ☘️Happy St.Patrick’s Day. CL🍀. :thumb: :welcome::theband::circle-of-love::party:
Thx, yeah I’m of half Irish decent (most ppl have sum in em as the Irish came over in droves in late 1800s-early1900s). Only time of year your allowed to be proud to be white lol ( I love all races, we all the same to me, just makn jokes n pointing out sum irony, no disrespect to my brothers (from other race) mothers

Thx, yeah I’m of half Irish decent (most ppl have sum in em as the Irish came over in droves in late 1800s-early1900s). Only time of year your allowed to be proud to be white lol ( I love all races, we all the same to me, just makn jokes n pointing out sum irony, no disrespect to my brothers (from other race) mothers
Proud to be 100% Irish☘️ descent. CL🍀

So do u use liquid fertilizeres?..from what I bn reading, they contain so much salts, it will start to damage yr plant if u don’t wash those salts out from time to time..
Yeah, water has bn a struggle…I don’t have a water softener, so I didn’t want all tht scale going into my plant. Bn using bottled purified and distilled, but tht got expensive and a hassle, as its very alkaline, needing to ph down, but recently bn reading thts not good to use allot as adds more salts to yr medium. so bn collecting rain and filtering it…still needs ph’d for plan water and with added liquid Nutes. working ok for now, but once summer comes around, tht water sitting in barrels will get nasty, but still looking into rain collecting, and purifying it. My town tap water literally stinks, and again w/o water softer, I can’t use expensive filters as wear out to fast with hard water.
Yes, I do use liquid nutrients, but I use the fox farms nutrients with the fox farms soil, I've never had salt build up in the 16 years I've been growing, some hard water stains yes, but salt build up no. Not to mention your plant actually uses all the micro nutrients and chelated minerals in the tap water. I use the cold water tap to fill my empty milk jugs, I then let those set over night to "gas" off the chlorine, then I use the next day or after, they can set out for 4 days before they start to lose their oxygenation.

Yes, I do use liquid nutrients, but I use the fox farms nutrients with the fox farms soil, I've never had salt build up in the 16 years I've been growing, some hard water stains yes, but salt build up no. Not to mention your plant actually uses all the micro nutrients and chelated minerals in the tap water. I use the cold water tap to fill my empty milk jugs, I then let those set over night to "gas" off the chlorine, then I use the next day or after, they can set out for 4 days before they start to lose their oxygenation.

Oh is that what the little gas suction sound is when you open the jug the next morning? I wondered what that was. 😋

Your plant don't look too bad there, she's close to being complete. I use Fox Farm fertilizers, not all of them, as well w given the plants plane bottled water in between feedings. Welcome to 420.

Your plant don't look too bad there, she's close to being complete. I use Fox Farm fertilizers, not all of them, as well w given the plants plane bottled water in between feedings. Welcome to 420.
the brown spots all over is very ugly. hoping the buds dont do that. n hopefully i can stop it form gettn worse.

20240317_215510.jpg

20240317_215503.jpg

IMG_1618.jpeg
got rid of side cfls today and replaced with AC infinity pole side lights. looks so much cleaner, and no more worry bout limbs touching bulbs. and full spectrum, no switching bulbs

20240317_215442.jpg

20240317_215455.jpg

damn...how tall are those budding ones? thts awesome. most space i cld give up to a tent was for a 2x3. fit like a glove in the only place had for one. rated for 2 plants..but i didnt want to crowd it, n be unable to work around..and needed the space to put humidifier inside.

damn...how tall are those budding ones? thts awesome. most space i cld give up to a tent was for a 2x3. fit like a glove in the only place had for one. rated for 2 plants..but i didnt want to crowd it, n be unable to work around..and needed the space to put humidifier inside.
Well that tent was 7ft tall, so probably almost 6 ft, and now that the kids are grown and gone, we have a 5 bedroom house to do with as we please :thumb: that's my old grow room, had 3 tents in there a 4x4 an 8x4 and a 3x6, I've since down sized to a smaller room and a 4x4..
Flower tent
Veg closet

I see it, have you tried cal-mag? "Everybody's doing it.."😋

It's not an uncommon deficiency, I think it's just a lack of the nutrients and so the plant sucks what it can from the rest of the plant. So if you start adding the missing nutes she should bounce back to some degree

Back
Top Bottom