Light distance from plant tops

Headchef710

Im running 600w HPS bulbs, how close cant my plant be to this without causing any sort of stress or burns

Many thanks

Yeah but roughly mate doest need to be exact,

Just looking for a rough guideline

Again totally depends. What wattage is the light? Oh sorry I see 600w. Always start far and move closer. Sounds like a young plant, so 4 feet would be a safe bet. Has it been under another type of light? Cause that matters too. The young plant will struggle to adjust from light to light. If it has been under a weaker light give it another foot to acclimate. Hps is better spectrum for flower. So if your in flower and have good airflow between the plant tops and light source you can get pretty close watch for stress signals but flower id say 2 foot is probably safe. Again reallllly depends on environmental factors. And the closer you get the more canopy coverage you'll lose, but you will gain light power directly under the lamp. This again only really matters if your environment is in check otherwise the plant will eat itself and respond poorly.

Again totally depends. What wattage is the light? Oh sorry I see 600w. Always start far and move closer. Sounds like a young plant, so 4 feet would be a safe bet. Has it been under another type of light? Cause that matters too. The young plant will struggle to adjust from light to light. If it has been under a weaker light give it another foot to acclimate. Hps is better spectrum for flower. So if your in flower and have good airflow between the plant tops and light source you can get pretty close watch for stress signals but flower id say 2 foot is probably safe. Again reallllly depends on environmental factors. And the closer you get the more canopy coverage you'll lose, but you will gain light power directly under the lamp. This again only really matters if your environment is in check otherwise the plant will eat itself and respond poorly.
Sorry mate just getting a chance to reply

Yeah they were under 300w CFLs then when flipped into 12/12 i put them under the 600w HPS bulbs

No worries. Yeah start them far away they won't be too fond of the new intense light. I think the idea here is to let them stretch into the optimal zone and not stress them too much at flip from a new light.

Back
Top Bottom