Light leak during veg

Newcannabislover

I've just put together a veg room. I used panda film and a zipper door with a red zipper. Light glows through the red zipper during lights on. The room is in my basement, and the dark period (18/6) would be from noon until 6 pm. There is ambient light through basement windows, and occasionally led ceiling lights for brief periods (these lights are outside of veg room, but light would leak through zipper). Will this cause my plants to hermie? Plants will only veg in this environment. Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

No don’t worry about it. If the lighting schedule is irregular and keeps changing then sometimes veg plants can show problems but generally it’s not an issue. Flowering is more fussy.

No During Veg your plants wont turn Hermy on you....But do take care of you light issues before flowering because than that light leak will cause you problems

You could try to cover that basement window and Zipper with some green colored plastic...According to my information Green light is not registered by your plants

And if you want to check if its dark enough for your plants...Go in to your grow area while the lights are out, wait two minutes for your eyes to adjust.
Now hold out your hand and if you can see your hand move around...Its too Bright for your plants during Flower period

Back
Top Bottom