Lighting help

fiireygrower

Hiya

So I have a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 tent and have a 600 watt hps light.

When purchasing my gear I never realized how much it would cost to run the lights.

For me it's a bit costly and would like a lot of help on what lights would be more cost effective. I've been looking into cfl lamps and was wondering what wattage bulb I would have to use or would I need more than one.

An led light is a bit out of my budget at the moment.

I don't understand the how many lumens per meter theory so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also would I need different wattage or different lights for vege and for flowering.

This is my first grow so still learning a lot. I wouldn't be a big time grower. Ideally I would like to have 9 plants in there at a time.

Thanks in advance I'd you have any questions ask I am more than happy to five you more information.

Chur

logo12.png

A watt is a watt. A 600w LED will cost the same to run as a 600w HID. Your savings is in the heat generated and the fact that all the LED light is usable by the plant.

Our Pioneer 4 model would be sufficient for your tent and only uses 415w. It has veg/bloom modes and has a built in timer.

contact me if you need more info.

Thanks

Techman
Pioneer-4-front.jpg
control2.jpg

You have a good light for your tent. You're good.

When the plants are very small and just getting started, you can use a smaller light to save money. CFL, household "LED" white light bulb, fluorescent tube, they'll all work as long as the young plant is getting lots of light--equivalent to a sunny summer day. Then when it gets a little bigger, you can start using the big lamp.

You can buy a $20 lux meter at Amazon that will be a big help. Shoot for 40,000 lumens minimum.

Back
Top Bottom