Newbie! Help in choosing lights

NotATeacher

420 Member
1661140844859.png

I'm planning to start my grow, I need your expert opinions on this grow light. Its specifications are the following:

Luminous flux: 18000lm
Band spectrum: 630nm, 460nm, 660nm
Red and blue ratio: 294 : 74
Light Source: LED Bulbs
Voltage: 85-265V
Wattage: 400w (true 140 watts)
Product Size(L x W x H): 16.50 x 30.00 x 5.50 cm / 6.5 x 11.81 x 2.17 inches

It's a chinese product(probably) and I don't really have any knowledge about these led lights. it cost 73.57 dollars. If anyone has any suggestions whether to buy this product or this product not worth it I'll be happy to hear your advice. Thank you for your time.

So you do not recommend this product right? Can I ask what other alternative lighting I can use? Thank you. Your reply is highly appreciated.

The pic is a dead link prob because it's a non sponsors light, but as far as inexpensive led panels go, you really can't go wrong with mars, they are proven and you, as a 420 member, can communicate directly with a mars hydro person who frequents 420 with questions or problems you may have. Mars makes some really nice new led panels but I have a mars 300 it has 145 actual watts, so very similar to the one you are looking at. But the mars is capable of this:
420-magazine-mobile904011856.jpg

Not bad for a panel you can get for $70 eh? If I were to tell you which panel to get under the assumption that you have a ton of money, I would of course direct you to black diamond perfect sun led panels. They are made in the USA in Oregon by a member Ledrf. He showcases all his lights in his own grows and many members, including myself, have smashed the 1 gram per watt (actual) mark and are doing so consistently with picture perfect potent buds. But if you are on a budget I would suggest mars because they are good quality and have warranties. Smokesara is the girl from mars hydro she has a thread going. Why not pop in and tell her you are looking for a light and you can tell her about your tent/growspace size and she can help you decide. Good luck I look forward to seeing you around growing some nice shrubs!

Back
Top Bottom