Lightrail movers are good but not as good as AGRA MOVER

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys set your timers on you light movers. I am stumped on how long to keep the lights over each side of the garden. Right now I keep the light on each side for 15min before it moves on over to the other side.

Thanks,

Tony

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys set your timers on you light movers. I am stumped on how long to keep the lights over each side of the garden. Right now I keep the light on each side for 15min before it moves on over to the other side.

Thanks,

Tony

It depends on how far you're moving the lights. IMHO, the delay has an inverse relationship to the length of travel, ie long travel, short delay and vice versa. My logic in thinking this way is, with a long movement, I want the light far away as short a time as possible. This will favor the center though. I put my smallest plants in the center for a 'stadium' effect, so this works well for me.

It depends on how far you're moving the lights. IMHO, the delay has an inverse relationship to the length of travel, ie long travel, short delay and vice versa. My logic in thinking this way is, with a long movement, I want the light far away as short a time as possible. This will favor the center though. I put my smallest plants in the center for a 'stadium' effect, so this works well for me.
Hey thanks for the advice bud! I really appreciate it! That's exactly what I thought I should do, and you just confirmed that for me :)

I have a 6ft rail moving a large Sun Systems hood with a 1000w HPS and a 400w MH in it. The flood and drain table I have is 6'x4' running the length of the rail. What do you guys think of mixing the spectrum like I do in my dual bulb hood.

Thanks again!

So the rail is moving the lights on the 6" direction? Are the lights on a cross bar like mine?

Next round, I will still have my lights on a cross bar, but I'll be moving them along the short axis of the grow space. I'll be using 3 750W HPS in large wing reflectors. They will be attached to the cross bar so that their bulbs are all in line with either other and perpendicular to the axis of movement. (the same way the reflectors are orientated in my room right now). They will be spread out to cover an area ~12' wide (wider if I like the coverage). That line will be moved 1.5 times the width of the hood, so ~3-4'.

Right now, I'm moving 2 lights, spread out ~6 wide, about 10'! It's too far. I can already tell. I think you should always setup the mover to operate along the short dimension of the grow space, ie in my case I should be moving 10' of lights 6'.

Also pay attention to how your reflector throws light. My wings have pretty bad hot bands, so that's my main reason for trying a mover. I can make that hot area move around, so one part of a plant isn't constantly being cooked. If your lights have hot spots too, maybe you can try to use this same technique?

I'm not sure my thinking on end delays is right or not, but that's the theory I'm operating under. This is my first time using a mover. I had a buddy using one back in SD in the 90's. It wasn't my grow though, so I don't really recall how well it worked. He had all sorts of trouble with his DIY NFT system, so that's all I remember was trying to help him get that working well. Point is, I'm by no means a light mover expert. :)

I like mixing spectrums. When I used both types of HID, I would swap mine back and forth every week or so to even out the growth. Dunno if it helped, but it made the grower feel better. :winkyface:

the agra mover is so loud and squeaky i though it would be a good product too but once i got it home and installed i was miserable! i got rid of it and got a lightrail 5.0 and couldn't be happier.

Back
Top Bottom