Lightrail movers are good but not as good as AGRA MOVER

alocer, i'm sure that would work for smaller indoor grows, like mine, but (i think) what they're doing is trying to duplicate the old "arc of light" that we were doing back in the early 80's, in that we were trying to eliminate all the shadows & developing all the flowers we could off the plants. u have to understand that back then i didn't even know what scrog or sog was. lol! lighting engineers will tell u that a moving light source (ie. the sun) will diminish the likelyhood of shadows. of course i could be all wrong!

My grow is MMJ legal, so no SOG here.

However, I do low stress training during veg to try and develop more bud sites.

I have 2x 600w HPS (Radiant reflector) lights, for 6 plants.

For the first few grows, the mover was turned off because of the noise issues.

For the current grow, the mover was on and there seems to be a difference in plant response.

I'm not yet sure there's a difference in yield, but in theory, the yields should be better.

that's lotsa' light for 6plants. eventually u'll reach a "point of diminishing returns" (the point at which u don't get back more harvest for more investment) ,but evidently u're not there yet. keep us informed...this is interesting!

that's lotsa' light for 6plants.

Kind of hard to say that with any real accuracy without knowing the square footage of the garden and the size (or the size that he is going for) of his plants. As he stated, he has a legal garden and is not growing popcicles (SoG).

uhhh.....i think he said 6 plants. u can put 'em in 100sq.ft or 100k sq.ft. he'll still reach a point of diminishing returns...i stand by that statement, as any businessman will attest. he probably lives in a state that allows a small # of plants & he's trying to see what he can produce off the limits set by his state law. as far as a LEGAL grow in in U.S., forget it...no such thing! if u don't beelieve me, just invite the DEA over to see u're LEGAL grow & they'll be happy to 'splain it to u. the president "asked" the DEA to not bust state legal growers & w/in a few days they went to Cali. & busted a dispensary & 3 state legal growers. the feds just love to flex their considerable muscle, especially when it makes for a good "show". i still don't get the popsicle statement. this isn't the place for this discussion anyway & i won't reply to any others on this thread, so u others can have the last word....u win.

Only DEA agent I ever knew personally told me, "Keep it under 99 plants. And are you going to hit that or talk until it goes out?" That was in the early '90s and they seem to be hiring more uptight/neurotic types now (and their drug-testing procedures have advanced), so I don't foresee sharing a buzz with one in my future, but AfaIK, the plant-limit advice still stands - were they to go active against every grower that has six plants, they'd probably have to hire at least a couple hundred thousand more agents.

I realize that you can fit nine plants into a square foot, but not everyone does. People don't always even use the same plant spacing/sizing from one grow to the next. That SWIM guy that people talk about from time to time has been known to grow plants that had a solid eight to ten square foot canopy. They seemed to be perfectly happy under 400+ watts. Each.

So...

TorturedSoul said:
Kind of hard to say that with any real accuracy without knowing the square footage of the garden and the size (or the size that he is going for) of his plants. As he stated, he has a legal garden and is not growing popcicles (SoG).

My point was... What I typed in that post. While you had a point about reaching a point of diminishing returns, that point depends largely on the grower's setup. We don't call Acme and order 1 Grow Setup, Standard. Their setups vary in size - and in plant size/density. And most people engage in the practice of training their plants to one degree or another (and grow different strains). They also differ on the amount of time that they grow their plants in the vegetative phase.

I am happy to hear that AgraMover was able to fix your problem because I was wondering about the company. I'm thinking of buying one of their Hercules or Ulysses movers though which are much more expensive. They're huge and built for carrying lots of lamps. Has anyone bought one?

I want to run 6 lamps the short way in a 10 X 20 foot room. That way I can hook up my cooling tubes in series in a line and get everything out of my way when I'm in there messing with my plants.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Major Props. This is what 420 is all about- helping each other.

I don't need a rail, but I thought the ones sold to growers were expensive. Now that I see this, I also see the grower rails are flimsy, too.

I take it that the only growers you enjoy are ones with stiff rails??? Was this some sort of SAMing, or was there a real point you were trying to make that flew right over my head?:reading420magazine:

Sorry you feel that way, mate. What is SAMing

I didn't express any feeling one way or the other, so I'm wondering what you're even sorry for. I was merely joking with you by puting forth an odd question. As for the "SAMing" comment, I guess an answer to that should come when you've explained why you call yourself "PET" Flora.

Way to make an entrance!

-Stiff rails makes for turgid stems, allowing for extra swollen buds, that ooze goo....-

Finally got the Ulysses (by Agramover) in the other day and man is it big. It took about four hours to install but that was mostly preparing my ceiling to securely mount the rails. Installing the unit itself only took about an hour. I picked up a 20' strut channel from a local electrical supply store to mount my lamps to. I have 6 of the air cooled lamps mounted in series with the intake on one end and exhaust on the other. Encountered no problems. I'm going to add one of their Cord Caddys though because I couldn't find a way to keep my ballast cords from grazing the tops of my plants. Since I bought a custom configuration we made the transaction directly and not through ebay. The guy, his name is Jerry, was very helpful in walking me through the installation. At his urging I installed two safety cables below the entire mechanism so if anything causes it to derail or something, nothing can possibly get damaged. It's so strong though, it probably isn't necessary but what the heck. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I tried to take pictures of it but can't get far enough away from it to get everything into view. A friend of mine is supposed to stop by with a camera that can take wide angle shots so we'll see. Just wanted to update everyone on how it went. Thanks for the input too.

I apologize to anyone that is bothered at raising this old thread from the dead... relax! :smokin:

I'm currently shopping for a light mover and found this thread extremely helpful. It was a great discussion regarding what makes a good mover. All too often the threads get into the merits of movers themselves. I wanted a discussion that was from the perspective of already deciding to get a mover. I was pretty sold on an IntelliRail, but I called and talked to Jerry himself. I'm ordering an agramover now.

Thanks to all who participated in this conversation. +reps for all! :thanks:

Those pictures are obsolete. Agramover stopped using that motor three years ago and now they're using a bigger one than even lightrail's most expensive mover (lightrail 5.0).

Back
Top Bottom