Lights - LED

trapgodd

so couple questions
what's my optimum par/lumen numbers in what ever units is easiest for you to explain it to me . . I'm using a mars hydro 300 and 600 . I was planing to get the viparspectra 1200 led but then I was looking at kind led . I am basically trying to buy one light to cover a max of 5x5 but really a 4x4 with extra light intensity I hope . so my question is what's the best led I should run without just basically wasting money

you can check out the Mars Pro II Epistar320 ,draw power around 740w,coverage 4'x4'or Mars Pro II Cree 256,draw power around 660w,coverage 4'x4' area. This series lights, with upgraded chips and driver, ventilation vents around the panel, install without lens and glass cover, so it run cooler, and with reflective cup, higher light intensity and penetrate deeper.:cheer:
cup5.jpg

Mars_Pro_II_Cree_256-11.jpg

Man, build your own. You can work aluminum well im sure, right?

Go get some Citizen1212 cobs, heatsinks, driver.

or build your own Quantum board,

Im currently getting ready to build a LED strip setup, 70,000 lumens for a 4x3.. just going to slap them on some alumuim sqaure, or aluminum sheet. I have a pretty great plan, but thats the basics.

$230 bucks at the most, your golden. Just wire them up.

Its the new thing in the LED world of DYI,lol..

Man, build your own. You can work aluminum well im sure, right?

Go get some Citizen1212 cobs, heatsinks, driver.

or build your own Quantum board,

Im currently getting ready to build a LED strip setup, 70,000 lumens for a 4x3.. just going to slap them on some alumuim sqaure, or aluminum sheet. I have a pretty great plan, but thats the basics.

$230 bucks at the most, your golden. Just wire them up.

Its the new thing in the LED world of DYI,lol..
do mars hydro leds have drivers in them that would power a cob light

sure due, I think with a Mars300, 86 volts is the max per driver. so, with each COB being 36vts, you can use 4 cobs.

The only problem now, is the heat, because they get hot, and this is the reason Blurple lights dont work well, because of inadiq1uite heat dissipation.

There is a video on utube that shows this mars hack.

sure due, I think with a Mars300, 86 volts is the max per driver. so, with each COB being 36vts, you can use 4 cobs.

The only problem now, is the heat, because they get hot, and this is the reason Blurple lights dont work well, because of inadiq1uite heat dissipation.

There is a video on utube that shows this mars hack.
send links to all these diy link please homie

trapgodd what's your budget and what are you looking to do? get up and running with the highest quality setup or just get something that works for now for a medium price? Nice thing about picking up a nice LED system is you never need to upgrade it for a decade and you can count on it working for a long time.

pardon my ignorance because I am new to the industry, but I am confused about the power supply for CoB LEDs being 36 V. I thought that they required a constant current supply and do not operate off of a voltage supply.

If you have 4 cobs, each are 36volts, you need 144 volts to run them, ran at 1400ma. or 1.4amps( best efficiency for Cobs)

look up GrowMau5 on utube, he explains it well.

type in search- DIY LED Basics-theory and overview ( pt 2/7 )
Go to 14:00 of the video, this is what YOU want to know.

thank you very much for the additional insight. if I can stay under 36 volts, I will be more happy. I get what you are saying about the constant current of 1400 mA and it creating a voltage of 4×36 V for CoB. i'm just wondering if there is a way to efficiently get a DC to DC conversion from 36 V to 4×36 V. my objective is to illuminate losses in inverters, yet also understand the inverters are quite efficient these days. if I could run my rig off of solar cells and batteries, I would be most happy, and very much off the grid.

OK, i see.

Funny, i was actually researching DC/DC boost converters today,lol.. so, im a little green still in that department. I was trying to find a away to stretch the volts myself, lol.. funny.

Ill be polished on it tonight,

My mind is going in all kinds of direction with this light thing.

So many way to do it, even at budget limitations.

but the way im going to do my setup, are going to be with several independent drivers, 1 for each light. SO i was looking for a multiple channel dimmer control, and voltage/watts display. I want to be able to control the voltage/amp values. Thats what the boost converter does. but so many different things u can do, thats the hard part. But also making everything nice, safe, and neat.

Want an 8 cob light set-up in a 2x4. But dimmable so efficiency, plus spread would be outstanding. But also, outdoors, plants just need 6 hours of good, continuous light, so at different times of day, lights can be toned down. 3hours at 50%, 6 hours at 90%, 3 hours of 50%

Growing off solar panels is my dream!! hehe. Problem is you may never have enough solar power and have to store in batteries or worse eventually pull from the grid. So you would need to get from AC power anyways.

I just got them on my house :) :)

sweet, at least you dont have to pay yourself a distribution charge, BWAWAWAWAWA

There used to be a windmill system back in the day that was ready to come out. It was pretty cool, and like 18 inch by 18inch i think. Alpine air or something like that, been awhile. Looked interesting,

My friend recommended me one light from amazon store named sansi. It is made of ceramic, not jet saw light of this material. The price is less than $20. It's ok for me. Not sure if could buy one. Has anyone the shopping experience?:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom