Long term storage after cure

Re: Long term storage after cure.

Canning jars and a vacuum lid sealer works well. Just keep the jars in a cool, dark environment...

In my experience, the bags with the port will leak some over time. You will need to vacuum them every week or so.

I really don't like the glass jars for long term storage...

You may be the first person I have ever seen who makes this claim. I have done both, and prefer glass jars for storage. Vacuum packing, in my experience, tends to mash the buds together and I always lose a lot of resin to the inside of the bag. Maybe I am missing something though...

Just curious what your reasons are?

I had 18 1/2 gallon, 4 gallon, and 4 quarts... My 2nd harvest is coming soon and it's nearly 3X the size of the 1st harvest. That's a hellva lot of jars.

Once it's fully cured an in the foodsaver bags, I don't have to burp them anymore and I have the storage space in my small drying room back.

I also bought out several stores of all their 1/2 gallon jars. I'd like to reuse them.

The other people involved haven't pick up their shares yet and I don't know when they will. I doubt they'll have their own jars.

I got the FoodSaver vacuum lid sealer and the sealer machine -- So what would be the best way to cure it in 1/2 gallon Ball jars. It seems best to dry on a rack for a few days naturally in a dry dark area. Then I jar them without vacuuming for about 3-7 days. Opening the lids for a half or an hour every day. What I found if you vacuum it sometimes the smell actually get taken away. The good smell of the cured buds. Another thing I would love to know, if there is some way to accelerate or getting the buds to smell its' best way? Or any other curing and storing advice would be truly appreciated. Thanks GN

Back
Top Bottom