Low yields - need some help

Medicatetoday

So i have a 400w Hps for flowering and i flower at least 5 plants in this light with a 3x3x5 growroom.
My yield per plant is just 15 grams, i had one Bubblelicious from Nirvana Seeds with 30gr dry in the final but thats it.
I just want to learn how to get 2 ounces per plant or something like that...
If you can help me i appreciate that! :)

Re: Low yields, need some help.

sounds like a pretty open ended question. I would suggested Medicatetoday that you maybe check out some books True Living Organics by The Rev, or Jorge Cervantes book if you use soluble ferts. Maybe taking a well rounded second look at your approach is in order.
Happy growing
bud

There a dozens of ways to increase your yield. If you have your nutes, lighting and heat control dialed in, veg longer for one. You can ScrOG, LST, etc.

Strain choice can have a lot to do with yeild, I have some that only put out so-so yeilds no matter what I do, others are just higher yeilding plants. With only your limited area either go with a higher yeilding strain or like the previous poster said, scrog, lst or veg longer. Not much else would do it.

Yeah, what he said. LOL! Man, I've got a King Louie XIII in my tent that's great smoke but a real light yielder - like it's looking like a waste of space-type yield. Some strains you just cant do much with.

You can look at super cropping tchinques such as LST, Topping & even scrog to enhance yield :thumb:

Plant size may effect yield in theory... depends on how long you vegged for ?

I normally veg for 6 to 8 weeks when growing in soil.

Also a suitable size plant pot my help as root balling may well stunt plant growth !

Under a 400w hps should be able to obtain a oz average dry weight with super cropping ya can get more... to date my best yield was 2 oz from a plant no taller than 20" with LST training to which i had added soil ammendments to improve organic nutrient levels with in the compost.

Not had such great success as that grow tho but normally average between 35g to 45g per plant... every grow is different !

You can look at super cropping tchinques such as LST, Topping & even scrog to enhance yield :thumb:

Plant size may effect yield in theory... depends on how long you vegged for ?

I normally veg for 6 to 8 weeks when growing in soil.

Also a suitable size plant pot my help as root balling may well stunt plant growth !

Under a 400w hps should be able to obtain a oz average dry weight with super cropping ya can get more... to date my best yield was 2 oz from a plant no taller than 20" with LST training to which i had added soil ammendments to improve organic nutrient levels with in the compost.

Not had such great success as that grow tho but normally average between 35g to 45g per plant... every grow is different !

Hello man , last week harvested one Kaya 47 (Advanced Seeds) ,it is curing now, 28 gr dry.

Im gonna harvest one Aurora Indica (Nirvana) way bigger , i think it will be 45 gr - 55 gr dry :)

My problem was the temperature and the plant size, now i do some early top and i supercrop the main branches after 2 or 3 weeks :) happy with the results, Much better yield and the plants are bushy.

My Skunk Nº1 13 days of flowering:
Skunk_N_1_12_days_flowering.jpg

Day_12_of_flowering1.jpg

What do you think Fuzzy Duck? :)

Use better nutes, veg longer. And make sure those ladies have enough space for light to hit them. You can defoliate to make way for future bud. There's so many ways but your yield is way too low.

People get Ps with just one 400w. It takes time to get it down. But maybe next time do two plants and just give them all the love in the world. Keep your light closer? Use a metal halide in veg ONLY? Etc. you can make this grow that much better next run.

When your ready step up to dwc. That should double yeild easily.

People get Ps with just one 400w. It takes time to get it down. But maybe next time do two plants and just give them all the love in the world. Keep your light closer? Use a metal halide in veg ONLY? Etc. you can make this grow that much better next run.

When your ready step up to dwc. That should double yeild easily.

This was so much time ago, i have very nice yields now :) but thank you anyways

Just keep a solid 24 hour light cycle for the lady during veg!! you have to give her time to grow into her potential. my first grow took about 5-6 months to complete however i produced a quarter pound dry just from letting nature take its course!!! kept her in the veg untill i felt she had complete potential due to pre-flowering tendencies. Hope the info helps bud! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom