LST and sex

JoshPo

420 Member
Hi,

I've been doing some reading about LST and I think I'm going to try it for my next grow, as my grow space is limited. However, I read that stress can cause a female to become hermie, so I'm hesitant. I just had a hermie, and I can only grow one plant at a time, so I need to be extra cautious. I would appreciate any advice on the matter.

TIA,

Josh

LST is Low Stress Training. Bending the branches down as long as they don't kink or snap is very little stress to the plant. Check out my grow, link in signature, where I used LST and topping to create bushes. Some things that are High Stress would be under watering, strange light cycles, extreme high or low temps, and poor transplanting. I'm not fully knowledgable but I've read that to avoid Hermies you should avoid stress just before and during flowering. LST during the veg cycle should not induce a sex change. I highly recommend LST especially for limited grow space. I like it because you can keep bending things to form the plant you want. It keeps the tops all even. You'll be surprised how the plant will react to it. check out The Capn's thread, I learned alot here

How To: Bend and top your way to a 1 pound monster

... Check out my grow, link in signature,... check out The Capn's thread, I
Great stuff, thanks a lot. I will try both topping and LST. Looking at the pictures, I hope the width of my closet will not become a problem (right now it's the height) by leaving enough space at the rim.

Back
Top Bottom