LST...when to flower aside from waiting for preflowers?

Lil Neutrino

So I have my plants LST'd for about five days now and they're filling out nicely and I have begun to ponder the issue of flowering.

I know ideally you wait for the branches to begin alternating (I forget the scientific term) but some people switch theirs depending on height or time restrictions. Since when you LST you lose some height for a period of time do these people wait until the new growth reaches their minimum height or do they just go by the length of the main branch? Mine would be ~8.5" if I had left them up, now they're about 5" with the main branch tied down.

Maturity would work...but I was referring to "phyllotaxy", no wonder I couldn't remember it!

Makes sense...although I've seen "mature" animals breed and the outcome was inferior offspring too lol. Just wish I knew what strains I had so I had a better indication of remaining veg time and how long flower time should roughly be.

I have begun to notice alternating branches on some of the shoots that have sprung up since LST'ing...check the previous set of pics I posted in my journal, I posted a couple pics in one of the last couple sets.

Is it ok to start flowering now (well, Tuesday...day 35) or is it better to wait until ALL branches are showing alternating patterns? Wish they'd show some preflowers so I know what I'm dealing with regarding M/F.

Wow, day 35 and still no sex? Yeah, I'd be getting a little impatient, too. ;-) I would say you could go ahead and flower, but I'm with you. I'd rather know the sex before I flower if it's attainable.

Back
Top Bottom