lumatek or galaxy?

plantpot4fun

i am currently setting up my 7x7 room. i have the 12 site ebb and gro, and am gonna put 2 1000w on a mover. im havin trouble deciding on a ballast, and reflectors. im really leaning towards the digital ballasts due to the noise and heat issues, and being able to run both HPS and MH is a huge plus, but have also read so many mixed reviews on them. RF disturbance, not running some bulbs well ect. any advice would be greatly appreciated.:thanks:

I have no noise issues,no problems in any way
balasts.jpg

Hi plantpot4fun, What reflectors are you considering?

Hi PitViper, what brand of dig. ballast are they?

Hi Screwnuts33, where did you purchase yours?

:peace:

Galaxy is Sun Systems digital line.

Thanx for that one. I have only used Sun Systems magnetic in the past.
I'll give them a hard look before buying again. Oh, everything I had was stolen! I'm trying to regroup. :peace:

PitViper, got ya, magnetics don't make noise.

The Weed ,Looks like a nice deal!

pit, so those super suns run pretty quiet? i would rather save a few hundred bucks and go with some switchable magnetic ballasts, but noise is the biggest issue for me.

cocojoe, it depends on which ballasts i choose, but pretty much any good sized air cooled reflector will do, i have been lookin at the super sun 2 , those look pretty nice.

pit, so those super suns run pretty quiet? i would rather save a few hundred bucks and go with some switchable magnetic ballasts, but noise is the biggest issue for me.

cocojoe, it depends on which ballasts i choose, but pretty much any good sized air cooled reflector will do, i have been lookin at the super sun 2 , those look pretty nice.

they are pretty much silent. But then I have blowers running and fans circulating...white noise. if I turn off the fans there is a very slight hum...nothing minor. I remember paying big money for them..500 shekels each if I remember correctly (lamps,reflectors etc)
888 posts...how quaint

Back
Top Bottom