Magic Butter Machine to make vape juice

BakerT

G'day all
I've got myself a mbm2e yesterday and I just had to do something while waiting for me pg and vg to turn up
Got a half out ounce of my OG Kush decarb it at 250f for 30 mins then have a kilo of butter and let the machine do it's thing for 2 hour
Going to make a chocolate butter cake this arvo
IMG20190723165637.jpgIMG20190723165951.jpgIMG20190723170406.jpgreceived_1314614035356138.jpegreceived_2350660021669490.jpegIMG20190723210642.jpg
But the question I have today is
Can U make a good vape juice from vg and pg?
I've been reading up for the last few weeks and there is so many people saying it's good and others that say it's no good
I'd be using the vg to make my tincture and the pg to mix with to make it vape able
I'm lost right now as I have pg and vg turning up today and I'm hoping to get more info if you know thanks

Attachments

• IMG20190723170338.jpg
    IMG20190723170338.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 248
G'day all
I've got myself a mbm2e yesterday and I just had to do something while waiting for me pg and vg to turn up
Got a half out ounce of my OG Kush decarb it at 250f for 30 mins then have a kilo of butter and let the machine do it's thing for 2 hour
Going to make a chocolate butter cake this arvo
IMG20190723165637.jpgIMG20190723165951.jpgIMG20190723170406.jpgreceived_1314614035356138.jpegreceived_2350660021669490.jpegIMG20190723210642.jpg
But the question I have today is
Can U make a good vape juice from vg and pg?
I've been reading up for the last few weeks and there is so many people saying it's good and others that say it's no good
I'd be using the vg to make my tincture and the pg to mix with to make it vape able
I'm lost right now as I have pg and vg turning up today and I'm hoping to get more info if you know thanks

For those who don't vape, PG is propylene glycol, and VG is vegetable glycerine.

PG and VG are the two main components of e-juice, so yes you can use them. I'd use the PG as my solvent since it is a lot thinner than VG.

That would probably depend on what you use to vape. An RDA would probably work, while atomizer tanks with cotton to wick the e-juice probably would not.

Think about a 1/2 gm joint. About ten puffs and it's gone. To get a similar experience, you need the cannabinoids from about 2gms for each ml of vape juice in a wicking tank, which will probably be too thick to wick properly. An RDA with its exposed coils can use a reduced amount of cannabinoids per ml. The juice will can also be thicker.

The MBM2 has a minimum capacity of two cups, or 500ml. Do you really want to make test batches that size?

For those who don't vape, PG is propylene glycol, and VG is vegetable glycerine.

PG and VG are the two main components of e-juice, so yes you can use them. I'd use the PG as my solvent since it is a lot thinner than VG.

That would probably depend on what you use to vape. An RDA would probably work, while atomizer tanks with cotton to wick the e-juice probably would not.

Think about a 1/2 gm joint. About ten puffs and it's gone. To get a similar experience, you need the cannabinoids from about 2gms for each ml of vape juice in a wicking tank, which will probably be too thick to wick properly. An RDA with its exposed coils can use a reduced amount of cannabinoids per ml. The juice will can also be thicker.

The MBM2 has a minimum capacity of two cups, or 500ml. Do you really want to make test batches that size?

I'm new to the vape and I haven't gotten my self one yet because I want to find the right one
I've only tried a mates a fell in love but over here there charging $100 of 5 ml

Hey Salty... Can you elaborate a bit on this? I am curious about making my own cannabis infused vape juice as well. I have PG and VG, as well as decarbed cannabis. So are you suggesting that I can infuse the PG with the decarbed material, and then mix in the VG? If you have a reference or link for how to do this, I'd appreciate it!

@BakerT please keep us posted on your progress.

Personally, I'd use rosin or FECO filtered to 37 microns. Although you shouldn't have to, I'd decarb the rosin or FECO before mixing it with the VG. Vaping temperatures are lower than smoking temperatures. I'd start with 0.1 gm/ml even though this is probably a little on the low side. I'm getting roughly an 18% return from my rosin press. So, 0.5 * 0.18 = 0.09 gm. This means one milliliter of the e-juice would be equal to a one half gram joint.

I've made my own e-juice for several years, but not added any cannabis products to it. It's something you'll need to play with. Your final product needs to be tailored to your vaping style, and the device you use.

There are wax and dry herb vaporizers available. In Grandpa Tokin's thread 'Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!' several folks are using rosin and wax atomizers. Take a look starting at about page 120. It's not what was asked, but what I'd recommend.

Personally, I'd use rosin or FECO filtered to 37 microns. Although you shouldn't have to, I'd decarb the rosin or FECO before mixing it with the VG. Vaping temperatures are lower than smoking temperatures. I'd start with 0.1 gm/ml even though this is probably a little on the low side. I'm getting roughly an 18% return from my rosin press. So, 0.5 * 0.18 = 0.09 gm. This means one milliliter of the e-juice would be equal to a one half gram joint.

I've made my own e-juice for several years, but not added any cannabis products to it. It's something you'll need to play with. Your final product needs to be tailored to your vaping style, and the device you use.

There are wax and dry herb vaporizers available. In Grandpa Tokin's thread 'Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!' several folks are using rosin and wax atomizers. Take a look starting at about page 120. It's not what was asked, but what I'd recommend.

Thanks. As always, Salt, very helpful. Hope you are having a good day.

glad this topic came up, was discussing with a friend the other day whilst enjoying his vape he acquired, and wondering if it was like other vape juices needing mixing with pg/vg, or if a pure distillate or something could be vaped on its own.
trying to find the cleanest ways to smoke, and cutting out tobacco, and still uncertain about the affects of vaping pg/vg juices lol

Back
Top Bottom