Main nutes (necessities)

HermanMunster

I want to do as much of an organic grow as i can i am using FFOF soil and i am not sure what nutes to use. when is a good time to add nutes? and what are the main types or brands i need for each stage of the plants life ?
PLeaseee i am starting the grow in a few days i need advice guys !!

Just read some reviews online. I recommend you to buy a kit
of something. Like a hesi starterpack(its an example). It has all you need.
Don't waste all your money on the nutes because there are other things that are more important.
Go to your hydro store and ask some info, i'm sure he'll be glad to help you.
Or check the forum, you'll find something for sure.

I'm going with hesi for hydro because they have a kit with everything for 50euro or about 60$ i think and i have read good things about it.

well, When I started, I ordered the technaflora recipe for success starter kit. It had everything you need, and lasted for 2 full grows. I got good results by following thier recipe for success chart that comes with it. That gave me a real good understanding of how all the nutes worked, so when I changed to the GH line of nutes I had a good foundation to go from. Im liking the GH nutes, theyre inexpensive, and giving me great results. There is a plethora of info on nutes on this site, and all over the web so finding some good info is really just a search away. Good luck, and happy growing.

You said you are using FF ocean forest right? You dont need to do jack shit other than add lights, fans, and most importantly phed water. I just started growing, actually on my first grow and ran into every newb mistake possible. I am doing half hydroponics and the other half ffof ferilized soil (ocean forest, same shit).

Get yourself setup with some decent sized pots, if I had to do again I would start with about a 6" round/square pot, minimum 6", I have my few week old plants in 2 gallon buckets I picked up at home depot, or atleast thats what they're final growing place will be, as I transplant I put them in those, 2 buckets each plant, the inside one you cut a decent amount of holes in, but small enough soil or the rocks you are going to put in there for drainage wont fall out, after the holes drop it in the other bucket with no holes. Put some rocks on the bottom so the water drains out and doesnt plug the holes.

Edit: I dont plan on letting my plants get all that big, so 2 gallon containers are a little small for someone growing a little bigger indoor plant, you may want to finish in a 5 gallon container or something, you can also use larger containers and put more than 1 plant in for like an earth garden type setup but its better to do 1 at a time so if one gets sick, its only one. If you have more than one, they are all more than likely gonna get sick...

Fill with the FF ocean forest, add your seed or clone or seedling, how ever you are germinating, thats a whole different conversation. After that, add PHed to about 6.1 or so, thats what my water comes out of my RO system at so thats what I use rather than adding PH up or down, dont add it if you dont absolutely have to add it.

As far as nutes, you are using Fox farms soil, they have a soil feeding schedule that you can follow to a T with their products and their soil, easy for a newb. I am enjoying the soil grow, they hydro part of it is a complete learning experience from start to finish, if I didnt do the soil I probably wouldnt have anything at harvest time.

Get yourself some FF grow big soil (green bottle, there is soil and hydro make sure you get soil), and some big bloom organic (red bottle for soil or hydro so theres only one), not to be confused with tiger bloom which is to be used for flowering. You should only need those 2 for the first 3 weeks or so, then the schedule will want you to add kangaroots and micro brew, and a week after than something else. I havent got that far so I see no need to spend the money on it. I would follow the schedule if you can, you can use other brands to supplement some of the other stuff but why try, get a grow happening and go from there. Yon only need the grow big and big bloom organics to start, and only a quart of each. You may need to buy another big bloom when you get towards flowering because you use a lot of that but no more than a quart of each to start, you wont use that many tea/tablespoons unless you have a massive crop going on or something.

The most important thing to remember is that FF ocean forest soil is already fertilized, you will NOT need to feed them anything except water for atleast 2 weeks unless they tell you otherwise, but if thats the case you probably have them in to small of a container, so start in something atleast 1/3 the size you want to end in, maybe 1/2. read a little about sizing, I am not 100% on that but I told you what I would do above.

Stop by my journal, its getting rediculas in page length with not a whole lot of growing happening due to all the problems I've encountered but its a good place to see rookie mistakes as they happened.

I want to do as much of an organic grow as i can i am using FFOF soil and i am not sure what nutes to use. when is a good time to add nutes? and what are the main types or brands i need for each stage of the plants life ?
PLeaseee i am starting the grow in a few days i need advice guys !!
Check out the entire general organics bio thrive line its a complete organic line up consists of bio weed,bio marine,bio thrive,bio bloom, bio bud and you will also require there cal/mg as well but this is actually a decent line up to start out with where you can control your plants uptake.
But check out this forum Organic Growing - 420 Magazine loads of info on how to create organic soils which will only require you to water your plants when they need it from begining to end of the grow.

Back
Top Bottom