Making hash tincture

jay7777777777

420 Member
Hi, I live in the UK and have a quality supply of hash and would like some advice on making a hash tincture.

I think the hash is pressed as it is generally soft and sticky. I've been smoking it in a pipe for years and it is highly potent.

I have previously made lots of tincture with flower and buds - I have a Nebula Boost Decarboxylator and a Magic Butter Machine 2.

My questions are:

Decarboxing the hash - what is best way to do this given it is soft and sticky hash - is it to break into lots of small pieces.
Also does the hash need to be sealed in a glass jar or silicione sleeve inside my Decarboxylator or can I add directly in?
And any decarb tips - temperature and time etc? I read hash doesn't need as long to decor as buds.

Once I've decarb'd the hash - I also read somewhere to place hash straight in freezer so doesn't continue to heat - its this a good tip?
Or do I just add straight into the MBM with my alcohol and turn it on?
And finally will the hash fully dissolve or will there be residue that I need to strain out?

Would really appreciate any tips before I launch in. Thanks loads in advance anyone that has the time to comment :thanks:

It being hash makes no difference when it comes to decarb. It is just a chemical process of breaking down the THC molecule with heat. Yes it should be contained but not sealed while heating just like flower. It will finish quicker but how much is hard to say with so many variables. Cup cakes cook faster than a cake but not knowing any sizes or the stove there is now to say how much faster. slightly over decarbed is better than under decarbed. 120c for 25min ballpark.

cool it if you are going to store it. If you drop it strait into your infusion it will drop to infusion temp quickly.

will the hash fully dissolve or will there be residue that I need to strain out?

Dry screen, bubble, temple or charus all have different composition and the manufacturer quality level determine impurity. If you need it completely cleared you can strain the tincture with a coffee filter but you will loos product.

It being hash makes no difference when it comes to decarb. It is just a chemical process of breaking down the THC molecule with heat. Yes it should be contained but not sealed while heating just like flower. It will finish quicker but how much is hard to say with so many variables. Cup cakes cook faster than a cake but not knowing any sizes or the stove there is now to say how much faster. slightly over decarbed is better than under decarbed. 120c for 25min ballpark.

cool it if you are going to store it. If you drop it strait into your infusion it will drop to infusion temp quickly.

Dry screen, bubble, temple or charus all have different composition and the manufacturer quality level determine impurity. If you need it completely cleared you can strain the tincture with a coffee filter but you will loos product.
Brilliant thanks so much for your advice mate

Hi, I live in the UK and have a quality supply of hash and would like some advice on making a hash tincture.

I think the hash is pressed as it is generally soft and sticky. I've been smoking it in a pipe for years and it is highly potent.

I have previously made lots of tincture with flower and buds - I have a Nebula Boost Decarboxylator and a Magic Butter Machine 2.

My questions are:

Decarboxing the hash - what is best way to do this given it is soft and sticky hash - is it to break into lots of small pieces.
Also does the hash need to be sealed in a glass jar or silicione sleeve inside my Decarboxylator or can I add directly in?
And any decarb tips - temperature and time etc? I read hash doesn't need as long to decor as buds.

Once I've decarb'd the hash - I also read somewhere to place hash straight in freezer so doesn't continue to heat - its this a good tip?
Or do I just add straight into the MBM with my alcohol and turn it on?
And finally will the hash fully dissolve or will there be residue that I need to strain out?

Would really appreciate any tips before I launch in. Thanks loads in advance anyone that has the time to comment :thanks:
If you don't strain it, it might have a little crunch!

Once, ok.. maybe a few times? I would decarb about 2 ounces of dry ice hash in a glass bowl @ 250F for 30 minutes ( I added a few minutes to the recommended time to allow the oven to heat back up). Then dumped it right into a 5th of Everclear grain alcohol. Shook it up for a few minutes, and WooHoo! 1/2 a shot was a Great dose, but a whole shot was Intense!

But the moral of this story is... I didn't strain it and I had probably just over an inch of empty trichrome shells settle to the bottom of the bottle. If you do a gentle pour you won't stir up the shells. Although, the last few shots were pretty nasty, but Effective!

You could make hash oil then add to the butter without needing to strain.

WooHoo! I would ❤️ to hear about your adventure!

Back
Top Bottom