Male in the grow room!

Ganja Cowboy

Hey All!
Need some help please...

Just confirmed a male in my grow room!! After all this tender care :morenutes:, what a wicked betrayal! Cutting him down was heartbreaking.

What is strange is that I grew this plant from a feminized seed... What went wrong?

At first the plant was bushy and dense and it got to about 30 inches. I decided to let it get taller before flowering, it shot up in a couple of weeks after that and got to about 45 inches!! I brought it into flowering stage and it kept going to about 55 inches!! I should have seen the signs! This morning upon investigating my garden there was no more denying that this was a male plant. It was in a separate flowering compartment from my other plants who are all still in vegetative stages.

anywaY! Here is my questions:

1) This plant is about 10-12 weeks old from seed ... I dont think i caught it very early in development ( i should have seen the signs!) it is already few weeks into flowering stage... Very few nut sacks have actually opened yet though and i dont see any pollen or anything. How soon can a male start fertilizing other plants??

2) Can this male plant have fertilized my other (stilll vegetative) plants?? In other words, Can a male plant fetilize an immature vegetative plant?? Or is sex determined during flowering?

3) Could it be that my female seed turned male due to environmental conditions (dont know which ones, thouight my grow room was perfect in terms of light and temp...) and that a clone taken before this happened still be female? Would clones taken from this plant BEFORE flowering necessarily, for sure, 100 % turn into males ??

Can anyone please help me with this?? I hope I didnt ruin my whole harvest!
:thanks:
:420:
The Ganja Cowboy

Re: Male in the grow room!!

alryt ganga cowboy

yea feminized seeds are not 100% guarenteed they can become hermies how close is your vegative operation you could of had a light leak into your flower room you need total darkness for 12 hours other factors like high temps and stress can cause it and i guess just bad luck sometimes also veging a plant for so long IMO is wasted time after about 18inch tall in veg ur gona get imature buds due to lack of light penetration to lower branches and also such a long wait until harvest and then even bigger disappointing if they do not make it i would suggest taking a look at 420fieds 2ltr hempy grow for a quicker harvest also taking a cutting from that plant means that it should be an exact replica of its mother if grown in the same conditions so personally i would double check your set up for light leaks and temps etc if you find nothing out of the norm i wud start some new seeds where did you get your seeds? what strain are they?

gd luck

discussion moved here: discussion moved here:
Help please!

Back
Top Bottom