male or female? that is the question

akaman

my plants are in the 4th week of flowering and im noticing 2 types of plants evolving. i dont have a camera that would do justice to let u see what i'm talking about so i'm gonna try to explain it. 3 of the 4 plants look like they are growing seed pods(little sacks that look like balls) the 4th plant i can tell is definitely a female.what i need to know is should i pull the other 3 plants now or will they eventually burst and contaminate the female? the male/female(they definitely started as females but now....) are full of buds but i was told that the males don't have any thc in them. are hermies good to smoke or is it a waste of time? plz respond as soon as possible. thx in advance.i'm online and waiting patiently:smokin:

...i dont have a camera that would do justice to let u see what i'm talking about so i'm gonna try to explain it.

"A picture is worth 1,000 words". :grinjoint:

3 of the 4 plants look like they are growing seed pods(little sacks that look like balls) the 4th plant i can tell is definitely a female.

Are you noticing the white hairs? It's a sure sign of females.

what i need to know is should i pull the other 3 plants now or will they eventually burst and contaminate the female?

The male will not "contaminate" the female, it will however pollinate it. ;)

the male/female(they definitely started as females but now....) are full of buds but i was told that the males don't have any thc in them.

Only at very low levels which are not useable. The buds come from the female plant only. Males produce only pollen.

:peace:

thats what i want to do but RooRman is askin about white hairs and they are all over the place:smokin:

So the 3 plants with the pollen sacks also have white hairs? :hmmmm:

Yes, you might have some hermi's then.

"A picture is worth 1,000 words". :grinjoint:

Are you noticing the white hairs? It's a sure sign of females.

thx RooRman and yes alot of white hairs. when i first started to flower i had 5 plants , 1 started showing balls early so i got rid of it. now, 3wks later 3 other are starting to look like males. as i said in the other posts there are buds and white hairs all over the plants, all of em. how long before i gotta get rid of em and i'm sry but my camera really and i mean really sucks. closeups are blurry .sry:smokin:

Keeping the hermie's means seeds on all the plants, even the single 100% female.

If these 3 plants had a genetic disposistion to be more likely to turn herm. then they would generally be considered poor breeding stock. As such, I would save the one female and grow it out. Cut your losses and lose the hermie's.

Although I will say, without a picture scraping them is a tough call to make. :peace:

Keeping the hermie's means seeds on all the plants, even the single 100% female.

If these 3 plants had a genetic disposistion to be more likely to turn herm. then they would generally be considered poor breeding stock. As such, I would save the one female and grow it out. Cut your losses and lose the hermie's.

Although I will say, without a picture scraping them is a tough call to make. :peace:

im going to try and take pics again. idont know how to post pics other than the gallery if thats kool with you:smokin:

008134.jpg

Back
Top Bottom