Marijuana Bloopers, Blunders & Mishaps

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
I find stories on almost a daily basis that tell the tales of people getting busted for easily preventable reasons. I don't post them in the news because they aren't exactly the image we want to project. But there are lessons to be learned from them. So when I find something that might help some of our less experienced/new smokers I'm gonna post them in this thread.

Anyway I start it off with this one:

Man tells cops: Burglars took my weed, too

NORRIS CITY, Ill. — A Southern Illinois man reported to police that his marijuana stash was among the items stolen from his home by burglars last week.

Ronald Gene Kearns, 58, of Norris City, told police used the drug for “pain management,” according to a police report on the burglary.

Over the weekend, White County (Ill.) Sheriff Doug Maier said his department’s investigation led officers to two 15-year-olds who allegedly admitted to stealing the weed, along with other things, from Kearns’ home. Information about the juveniles’ involvement in the heist has been forwarded to the White County State’s Attorney for possible prosecution.

Deputies said other items taken included $200 cash and a Beatles poster in a handmade wooden frame.

When Kearns told investigators that his marijuana — enough for “a good two joints” — also had been stolen, the officer taking the report advised him that it was illegal to possess the drug in Illinois.

Kearns told officers he used the marijuana for pain management, “and did not grow it,” the report said. Kearns declined to tell officers where he bought the marijuana.

Kearns has not been charged with any crimes.

Source

Moral: Don't tell the cops about your stash

user0055.gif

If you come across any feel free to add them and remember the Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

Add a moral to the story if you want. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Pot arrest just prior to deadline

Police said they arrested a Dedham man for marijuana possession on New Year's Eve, less than an hour before the alleged offense was decriminalized by a change in state law.

Officer Charles Mouris found Nicholas Stone Moorhead, 23, stuck in his 2002 Acura against a snowbank 12 to 15 feet high in the Dedham Plaza parking lot after 11 p.m. on Dec. 31, police said.

As Mouris spoke with Moorhead, he saw a small pipe on the console area between the front seats, according to Police Lt. Robert Nedder. Moorhead admitted smoking marijuana and said he had some in his possession, Nedder said.

When asked about his crash, Moorhead seemed confused and asked "what accident?," Nedder said.

He had a similar reaction when told his car was stuck in a snowbank, Nedder added. "He seemed surprised, turning his head toward the snowbank and frowning," Nedder said.

Asked if he had more marijuana in the car, Moorhead replied, "Yes, I was out tonight buying some," Nedder said.

Moorhead turned off the ignition and handed Mouris his keys, but then began arguing, Nedder said.

"You can't do this. Give me back that bag. It's not illegal to have marijuana," Moorhead forcefully shouted at Mouris, according to Nedder.

A change in state law that took effect Jan. 1 means that those who are caught with less than an ounce of pot will face a civil fine of $100 but no criminal charge. Nedder pointed out marijuana possession is still illegal, even if it is now a civil infraction and not a criminal offense. Marijuana will still be seized as evidence, Nedder added.

But Moorhead was allegedly caught with marijuana a little before the deadline, and so was charged with possession of a Class D substance, and operating under the influence of drugs. Moorhead, of 1 Common St. in Dedham, was arraigned Friday in Dedham District Court and is due back on Feb. 11 for a pretrial conference.
Source

Moral:
Driving stoned might not always be the best choice. I'm not saying he was impared.
Driving stoned can get you stuck. not that I'm saying he was stoned.
If your gonna carry when stoned . . . or not, when driving at least try to hide your stash, thats why its called stash.

user0055.gif

Pot arrest just prior to deadline

snip

Asked if he had more marijuana in the car, Moorhead replied, "Yes, I was out tonight buying some," Nedder said.

Moral;
-remember your right to remain silent, you do not need to incriminate yourself !!!
-give your lawyer a freakin chance and quit helping the cops convict you by admiting to the "crime"!!!

This one is pretty unbelievable, can you imagine heading towards a high density population of LEOs, exposing your stash, and trying to toss it into a secure area.

This proves Darwin was right

Man sentenced for throwing marijuana into jail area

11/26/2008
A Salina man who helped deliver a Christmas gift of marijuana to an inmate in the Saline County Jail on Christmas Day of 2007 was sentenced Monday to two years and eight months in prison for trafficking in contraband in a correctional institution.
Issac P. Slay Jr., 47, was also ordered to pay $400 to the Kansas Bureau of Investigation, $172 in court costs and $100 to the Board of Indigent Defense Services when he was sentenced Monday in Saline County District Court.
Slay and Victoria Henry, 38, were identified on surveillance video as the people who threw a small package of marijuana over a fence and into a loading area at the jail. Henry is scheduled for sentencing at 9:30 a.m. Dec. 15.
Jesse A. Greene, 21, who was in the jail at the time, was accused of using a jail phone to arrange for the delivery. He was sentenced in October to 130 months in prison for arranging the transaction to be served at the same time as sentences he was already serving for aggravated battery, burglary and illegal drug and aggravated weapons charges.

source

bust one get one free.....

Next-door neighbors busted for growing pot

SEBRING -- A pair of next-door neighbors apparently shared more than just a property line on Wolf Creek Road in Sebring. According to the Highlands County Sheriff's Office, they also both were growing marijuana -- one of them with a plant sprouting in the front yard.

The HCSO received a confidential tip on Sunday about marijuana growing at 2116 Wolf Creek Road, and deputies reportedly found a pot plant growing in the front yard of that address. That, of course, led them to search inside the house, where they reportedly found four plants growing in a closet, which had been turned into a growing area.

Deputies also reportedly found dried marijuana, as well as several pipes and rolling paper. The total amount of pot seized was 369 grams.

After his arrest, 56-year-old James Knox reportedly told deputies that he was growing the marijuana for his personal use. He was charged with producing marijuana and possession of more than 20 grams of marijuana (both felonies) and possession of narcotic equipment. He was freed after posting $2,500 bond.

Meanwhile, Deputy Michael Brod reported that he also made contact with Knox's neighbor at 2118 Wolf Creek Road, 26-year-old Nicholas James Vought, and got verbal consent to search his house. Deputies found one marijuana plant growing in the attic, which had been set up with lights and reflective material to make it into a growing area. Deputies also reportedly found a drying area in a closet that contained a "small amount" of marijuana. The total amount of pot seized was 121.5 grams.

Vought reportedly told deputies that he was trying to grow marijuana from a seed that a friend gave him, but that he didn't use it himself. He was booked on the same charges as his neighbor, but his bail was set at $55,000, most likely due to a pair of previous arrests. He was still in custody Tuesday morning.
source

moral:
don't grow plants in your front yard
don't consent to a search without a warrant

Masturbator cops stiff sentence

A MAN who filmed himself masturbating while driving at 150km/h on the Stuart Highway has been fined more than $2000 and sentenced to two months' jail.

Brenton Alan Erhardt, 39, appeared in custody before magistrate Sue Oliver yesterday to answer traffic, firearms and drug offences.

Erhardt pleaded guilty to the six charges, which happened in circumstances Ms Oliver described as "bizarre to say the least".

The court heard Erhardt had been travelling south along the Stuart Highway, had been smoking cannabis while driving and was filming himself masturbating with a video camera in July last year.

Police measured his speed at 137 km/h, but the court heard he had been driving at up to 150km/h.

He had two pipes for smoking cannabis in the car, as well as a loaded and an unlicensed .22 calibre rifle.

Police also found 4.9kg of marijuana, including two plants on the back seat.

Ms Oliver said the offence did not reflect Erhardt's age.

"You're not a particularly young man," she said. "This is the sort of conduct you might expect of a much younger, immature person to engage in.

"The offences really just speak of a person who doesn't have much regard for rules and regulations overall."

She sentenced him to 28 days' prison for the driving dangerously charge, which she said was serious.

"It's right up there at the upper end of dangerous driving," she said. "It causes you some embarrassment to have this aired in a public forum.

"Perhaps there's something to be learned from that."

Erhardt was also sentenced to another 28-day prison term for driving while disqualified, to be served cumulatively to the dangerous driving sentence.

Both sentences were to be served concurrently with another prison sentence he is serving.

He was fined a total of $2160 for the drugs and firearms offences.

Erhardt appeared in the Northern Territory Supreme Court last month on further drug charges from the same day.

He was sentenced to three years' prison. source

i just barely get this thread started and find an article that will probably never get 'beaten' when it comes to stupidity. the only moral i'll give is that stupid people shouldn't use cannabis, just like stupid people shouldn't drink and in some cases drive period. its not a funny story.

Faulty headlight leads to drug bust

A 35-year-old stopped in downtown Covington Friday for a faulty headlight was arrested when police found 14 bags of marijuana in the front seat.

Dwight Armelin of 21164 Gardiena St. was driving his 200 Dodge Caravan from the corner of North Columbia Street and Lockwood Street when Covington police motioned to stop.

“They were just going to say ‘hey sir, your headlight is out. You need to get that fixed,’” Capt. Jack West, Covington Police Department spokesman, said. “But when they approached, my God, there it was in plain view, right on the front street.”

The marijuana, divided up into smaller bags
and weighing about a gram or two each, sold for about $5 a bag, West said. In all it amounted to about an ounce of marijuana, he said.

Armelin was arrested and charged with distribution of schedule 1 narcotics and the headlight violation, both misdemeanor crimes. He was booked into St. Tammany Parish Jail in lieu of a combined $75,250 bond. He remained in jail as of press time Tuesday. Source

Moral:
If your going to transport marijuana give your car a little inspection first. Also, you might at least try to hide your weed.

I was driving home with a 1/4 lb. once. It was just in the bottom of a brown paper bag with a bunch of trash filling the bag. My wife was riding shotgun and a cousin was in the back seat with the 'trash' at her feet. As we pulled away from a stop sign in a small towm the red and blue lights came on. The cop walked up to my door and told me i had a headlight out. I knew that light was not working but was in a hurry to get on the road so I didn't take the time to fix it. No one acted paranoid and i told the officer that I was aware of the problem and believed I could fix it if he didn't mind my getting out of the car (thus distracting him away from the interior of the car. He said sure go ahead. So I got out and went to the front of the car and with my fist gave the headlight a hard tap and bingo my light comes on. "get that fixed soon" he says. "Thanks for reminding me to fix my light" I reply, getting back in the car. We also had a box of White Castle burgers with us. I'm thinking the smell of the burgers also helped to distract the cops attention. - user

He had two pipes for smoking cannabis in the car, as well as a loaded and an unlicensed .22 calibre rifle.

Police also found 4.9kg of marijuana, including two plants on the back seat.
when i read that all i could think of was ricky from trailer park boys. anyone with me? lol.:thanks:

as for bloopers; my room was packed with friends i sit down my houses recently aquired 18" roor icemaster black label, happens someone opens the door effectively hitting and knocking it over. while im packing a bowl i frantically dive towards the tube even though it was on carpet, it was a gut response. i spilled the weed out the bowl and the bong broke on a plastic lazy susan right in the middle of the tube. saddest and most confusing instance ever.

I'm so glad I wear bras. They're the perfect place to hide my stash when I drive. I either do this, or put it in my purse where it's totally out of sight.

Seat belt leads to arrest

A Bayonne motorist pulled over for not wearing his seat belt was found with suspected marijuana, reports said.

Police said they observed Scott Czerwinska, 24, of Evergreen Street, driving without a seat belt on Kennedy Boulevard by 17th Street just before 4 p.m. Saturday.

When they pulled him over at 16th Street and Avenue C and asked for his license, registration and insurance to issue a summons, Czerwinska freely stated he had two or three plastic bags of marijuana in his pockets, which the officers found and confiscated, reports said. Source

Moral: Buckle Up & Shut Up

Four arrested for bringing marijuana into courthouse

St. Clair County Courthouse Bailiff Tammy Walters has been busy.

In the past week she has arrested four people accused of attempting to take marijuana into a courtroom.

Walters works security at the metal detector located on the first floor of the St. Clair County Courthouse and searches visitors before they are allowed to enter a courtroom.

Mercedes M. Madison, 19, of 2872 Ralph Street in Granite City, was arrested at 9:40 a.m. Thursday.

Madison walked through the detector after handing her purse to Walters. When Walters searched the purse for contraband she found a small, hollow wooden box commonly known as a "one hitter." The box smelled like marijuana and a green, leafy substance was found inside it, according to the report.

Madison was charged with the unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.

Also on Thursday, Walters arrested Todd M. Roberts, 29, of 141 E. Lincoln in Hecker in connection with a plastic bag containing a green, leafy substance found in Roberts' pants pocket. The substance is believed to be marijuana. The bag was found when Walters patted down Roberts after he set off the metal detector and failed to remove all items from his pockets.

Roberts was charged with the unlawful possession of marijuana.

Michalene M. Millas, 31, of 2880 Iowa St., Apt. A in Granite City, was arrested at 8:45 a.m. Tuesday after a substance believed to be marijuana was found in her possession. Millas failed to empty everything from her pockets before passing through the metal detector and set off the machine, according to the police report. When Walters searched Millas she located a small plastic bag in Millas' jacket pocket. The plastic bag contained a green, leafy substance believed to be marijuana.

She was charged with the unlawful possession of marijuana.

Finally, David A. Mudd, 26, of 824 S. Herman in Lebanon, was arrested Tuesday after bailiffs found a plastic bag believed to contain marijuana in the pocket of his pants. He was pat searched after he failed to take all of the items out of his pockets and set off the metal detector.

Mudd was charged with the unlawful possession of cannabis.

Source

Moral: Do you really need your pot at the courthouse?
I've gone to the court stoned. No biggie if your able to control yourself. But NEVER bring cannabis with you. For that matter if you can avoid it, don't carry period. - user

Back
Top Bottom