Marijuana Farmer on my resume?

bonomnom

I'm working on a few different resumes right now and came across the question as to whether I use my past experience as a medical marijuana farmer. I am putting together a few different types depending on the type of position I'm looking at. I feel it is relevant work and business experience that was performed under legal circumstances, but will it add or subtract from a future employers perception of my skills is the question. Just mulling here, any and all opinions or angles appreciated

I wouldn't mention the cannabis angle but you could list it as some other type of farming activity. Employers do not need to know everything. On a resume you only tell them what they need to know to take a closer look at you.

A resume can be used as evidence against you. Hard to fight an arrest in court if your resume supports the arrest.

I feel it is relevant work and business experience too but I'm not looking to give you a job either. I'd list it as running a greenhouse/nursery and let it go at that. if they asked what you grew I'd say flowers and veggies oh you know the NORML stuff.

Like you, I wanna brag about being a grower, too, BUT, even in areas where it is legal to grow for medicinal purposes, the more folks that know about your activities, the more you open yourself up to headaches.

Also, if I was an employer and saw "MJ grower" on a resume, my first thought would be...hmm, why'd he stop? If he was so good at it, why's he looking for a job now?

The safe bet is to be very detailed in your techniques and specialties...organic, hydroponic, etc., but to conveniently leave out the MJ part.

Back
Top Bottom