Marijuana Oil (For Cooking) Recipe

you can make it with just the leaf matter, thats how I usually do it. It's all about the trichomes, so as long as the leaves have trichs on them, they will transfer THC to the oil.

I find the best way to make oil that doesn't taste like lawn clippings is to first make hash from the trim, then cook the hash into the oil the same way you do with the trim.

Think i will try with the leaf alone, since this will be my first attempt at cooking with our wonderful plant (besides brownies and cookies) i would hate to waste any hard earned hash.

I have been a member of this site for 2 weeks now but I'm mostly lurking the GROW ROOM forums. I just found this cooking forum today and I can't stop posting my recipes.

HERE IS A RECIPE FOR MAKING COOKING OIL

Start with your weed trimmings. You will be placing these in oil so make sure they are dry (think about how oil reacts with water...)

The Oil - you want flavorless cooking oil, vegetable or canola will work fine (would you cook brownies in olive oil? Ew)

Place trimmings in crock pot (on the LOW setting), put enough of your oil in to ALMOST cover the trimmings. Remember you have a fixed amount of THC in those leaves, the more oil you use the less potent it will be. Plus, this will be cooking for 12+ hours. Please stir 3-4 times during the 12+ hour mark. All the plant material will make it to the oil.
I have cooked for as long as 18 hours with no ill effect. This is just on "low" setting of the crockpot. The room will get a nice grassy smell.
Extract through a colander - you don't need to worry about every little solid - just get the majority of it.
Carefully pour into clean jars, bottle, or whatever. Place in refrigerator to slow down oxidization.
You could now use this for anything that calls for oil in the recipe.

ok so thanks for posting as i has been a bad day and this may be my soluion but what is the self life on this in fridg??/?:peace:

You can use my technique too for making any oils. I did a batch of olive oil last week for salad dressings.

I like my method because it uses more active ingredients, has less gross chlorophyl taste and is hyper potent.

Check it out! The Perfect Butter Recipe

I make infused canola oil but with my pressure canner.

I put ALL the stems and branches from the entire plant harvest once dried and trimmed..no flower, just stalks and stems.

Add 2 cups of oil to be infused and 2 cups water....bring to 10lbs of pressure for 20mins.

Turn off and let cool, now strain and discard water and solids from oil with a gravy seperator(sp?) or place in fridge and remove once it jels up.

I store the oil in a jar in the fridge, really like brushing it on the crust outer edges on homemade pizza before baking, you can also add a crushed clove or two of garlic to the finished product to make garlic infused mmj oil.

I usually infuse olive oil though if adding garlic at the end.

Back
Top Bottom