Medical Card Doesn't Carry Weight with Douglas Judge

Ms. RedEye

420 Support
420 Staff
A 31-year-old South Lake Tahoe man faces prison if he uses marijuana while on probation over the next five years, even if he does have a prescription from a California doctor.

Ian D. Gibson was sentenced to a suspended 12-30 month prison term after he sold marijuana.

Defense attorney Kris Brown said that if the case went to trial, she would argue her client was the victim of entrapment.

Gibson has a marijuana card in California, which raised some questions for District Judge Dave Gamble.

Gibson said he had pain from a dislocated shoulder and a compressed disk.

Gibson was ordered not to use marijuana or alcohol for five years while he is on probation.

"Even if it's legally allowed by the state of California," Gamble said. "To me it's just like any other controlled substance."

News Hawk: MsRedEye: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Tahoe Daily Tribune (tahoedailytribune.com)
Copyright: 2009 Swift Communications
Contact: Swift Communications Inc. - Great People Connecting Communities
Website: Pot card doesn't carry weight with Douglas judge | TahoeDailyTribune.com

Good Lord!! I have epilepsy and a dislocated shoulder as well and am looking to get my license. Since when can a judge just change a law in the middle of proceedings--one which, despite the substance, has nothing to do with the problem?? The guy sold it= problem (shouldn't be). The guy has to have it for legal medication, plus if he already has his license he has already paid for it!!! = NOT a problem and his medication should have nothing to do with whether he sold something legally or not. You cannot take away meds, waste the license fee, and change a law all in one ruling!! What the hell was this judge thinking????

Back
Top Bottom