Medical Marijuana Entrepreneurs Aren't All For Legalizing Weed Via Prop. 19

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
You would think that Prop. 19, the November ballot initiative that would fully legalize marijuana possession, would find some of its most ardent backers among the medical-pot trade, which relies on people coming to dispensaries and possessing weed, sometimes at their own peril when it comes to law enforcement.

But the medical pot-shop industry isn't always so gung-ho about the law that would let people 21-and-older legally have an ounce of pot, doctor's recommendation or not. Maybe because it would cut into the closed network the medical cannabis industry has created -- one where doctors and trusted retailers are needed. It would open up the game, and some some pot-shop owners are concerned. Writes the Sacramento Bee:
California's landmark initiative to legalize marijuana use for adults over 21 and permit local governments to tax retail pot sales is backed - and bankrolled - by leaders in California's medical cannabis movement.

And yet some of its more stubborn opposition comes from a vocal segment of the same community who worry their dispensary operations may be negatively affected.

Not only would Prop. 19 allow cities and counties to ban pot retailers, it would allow buyers to forgo the usual trek to the doctor and then to a legit pot shop. If you don't need a doctor's note, why would you need a legit retailer to buy weed?

"They can't even get medical marijuana right," Yamileth Bolanos of L.A.'s Purelife Alternative Wellness Center tells the Bee. "How are they going to open up these places for recreational use? Is it just going to be bedlam?"

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: laweekly.com
Author: Dennis Romero
Copyright: 2010 LA Weekly, LP
Contact: Los Angeles News, Events, Restaurants, Music LA Weekly
Website: Medical Marijuana Entrepreneurs Aren't All For Legalizing Weed Via Prop. 19: For One Thing, It Might Take Them Out Of The Game - Los Angeles News - The Informer

Sounds like some one doesn't want to share the wealth is what it sounds like and that's all I have to say......bedlam yeah the dispensaries will be monitored more and make less profit if the price drops.

They talk about 38 dollar ounces the dispensaries in the bay area are paying 800 a pound for humbolt outdoor right now that's why they ship it out to us here in Missouri where they pay 4000.

So I guess bedlam in the MMJ world is cool at a dispensary where they can charge 100 to 120 per 1/4 oz and disgustingly enough that is not the highest price I have seen. Some of the strains that command these high amounts of cash produce as good as many so called commercial strains. I don't know about you but charging super high prices is just wrong. Now I know growing top notch Cannabis is a little more work than putting a seed in the ground but come on really. Legalization would drive some prices down but not all but most importantly help the sick who can't grow get their medicine get it at a reasonable price. Indoor will still stay around the same or close to it but I would expect the prices to drop about 30% after a year or so. Yes there will still be people who chose to not pay taxes, sell to whom ever no matter what law is in place just like cigarettes and alcohol (basically any thing that has a demand)ever watch the Discovery Channel bootlegging is alive and well in the south. No one mentions how this will open things up and get a viable market for Cannabis established. No new product can enter the market perfectly there is going to be challenges most defiantly. Will some skirt the law they always do look at our politicians, corporations, police departments, maybe that's what they're afraid of people having freedom. I just gonna say this I have had 3 owners of dispensaries say to me they don't want prop 19 to pass. These 3 are all very well off and it's because of MMJ of course this is not the case with everyone I know it's not but still a little sick.

Another argument I here is City's will ban it, isn't that what they said about alcohol and they tried the dry state crap and how long did that last. I live on the border of Kansas and Missouri and they have alcohol with different percentages like that matters just drink another beer. Trust in the mighty $ they will come around once they start pulling in all the cash they will be begging people to grow it and sell it.

Oh and last but not least the kids will get it (I have 2 children) and I worry about this less than alcohol and ciggaretts. Tell me what happens to a infant that eats a cigarette they get sick as hell why nicotine is a poison plain and simple. Now What would happen to the same infant that ate a evil marijuana joint......I'll wait........Nothing at all. Now how many people have tobacco and alcohol all over their house. Not to mention the fact that we condition our children from a very young age to seek pleasure with sugar, caffeine you know treats the good stuff. I said that to a drug councilor once and he jumped all down my ass saying candy bars and soda don't kill anyone....I beg to differ has anyone looked around people are sick from this crap and it's getting worse. The nutritional value of our food is shit and I'm sure it has a lot to do with mass production and a lack of pride it's all about the $. Fuck the people eating our food I need another Bentley. Schools I wont even start because I would never stop. Think about some of this next time they try to act like they care about your kids. Because if I know the republicans they want kids just dumb enough to brainwash into fighting their worthless wars. Cannabis does not fit into this mold dumb and drunk is what works.

So I guess bedlam in the MMJ world is cool at a dispensary where they can charge 100 to 120 per 1/4 oz and disgustingly enough that is not the highest price I have seen. Some of the strains that command these high amounts of cash produce as good as many so called commercial strains. I don't know about you but charging super high prices is just wrong. Now I know growing top notch Cannabis is a little more work than putting a seed in the ground but come on really. Legalization would drive some prices down but not all but most importantly help the sick who can't grow get their medicine get it at a reasonable price. Indoor will still stay around the same or close to it but I would expect the prices to drop about 30% after a year or so. Yes there will still be people who chose to not pay taxes, sell to whom ever no matter what law is in place just like cigarettes and alcohol (basically any thing that has a demand)ever watch the Discovery Channel bootlegging is alive and well in the south. No one mentions how this will open things up and get a viable market for Cannabis established. No new product can enter the market perfectly there is going to be challenges most defiantly. Will some skirt the law they always do look at our politicians, corporations, police departments, maybe that's what they're afraid of people having freedom. I just gonna say this I have had 3 owners of dispensaries say to me they don't want prop 19 to pass. These 3 are all very well off and it's because of MMJ of course this is not the case with everyone I know it's not but still a little sick.

Another argument I here is City's will ban it, isn't that what they said about alcohol and they tried the dry state crap and how long did that last. I live on the border of Kansas and Missouri and they have alcohol with different percentages like that matters just drink another beer. Trust in the mighty $ they will come around once they start pulling in all the cash they will be begging people to grow it and sell it.

Oh and last but not least the kids will get it (I have 2 children) and I worry about this less than alcohol and ciggaretts. Tell me what happens to a infant that eats a cigarette they get sick as hell why nicotine is a poison plain and simple. Now What would happen to the same infant that ate a evil marijuana joint......I'll wait........Nothing at all. Now how many people have tobacco and alcohol all over their house. Not to mention the fact that we condition our children from a very young age to seek pleasure with sugar, caffeine you know treats the good stuff. I said that to a drug councilor once and he jumped all down my ass saying candy bars and soda don't kill anyone....I beg to differ has anyone looked around people are sick from this crap and it's getting worse. The nutritional value of our food is shit and I'm sure it has a lot to do with mass production and a lack of pride it's all about the $. Fuck the people eating our food I need another Bentley. Schools I wont even start because I would never stop. Think about some of this next time they try to act like they care about your kids. Because if I know the republicans they want kids just dumb enough to brainwash into fighting their worthless wars. Cannabis does not fit into this mold dumb and drunk is what works.

With exception to your ideologue commentary, you have several good points. As I recall the Democratic Party w/ few exceptions was in full support of both of the current wars until we started losing. One would do well to keep in mind that George W. Bush has the distinct honor of having both the highest approval rating of any president ever (beating out FDR, Truman, and Lincoln) as well as the lowest. The GOP sent us to war, and we as a nation beat the drums all the way for the most part. In terms of foreign and economic policy there is almost no difference between what people today call the democratic and republican parties, but we are not here for those discussions.

Read The Irony of Democracy by Thomas Dye and Harmon Zeigler for more.

MMJ has spawned off a lucrative market that few benefit from financially. The benefit from this is that more people get access to quality pot than was previously possible. Since 1996 people have legally and illegally made their living off of MMJ, and they may feel threatened now. I say tuff shit! They serve and or served a noble service for the time being, but I am about access for every adult that wants it as well as the medical community. Prop 19 is going to rip the financial rug outta some people’s homes in exchange for regulation. That’s not ideal, but it does mean that more people will be able to legally acquire their cannabis. More users serve to counter fallacious statements made about marijuana’s effects on society. To this end, prop 19 serves more cannabis consumers than the current situation does at the expense of caregivers, dispensaries, black market dealers, and a few others I’m too high to remember. If they don’t like it then fug em or let them write something better. They like the dinosaur politicians that still attempt to validate anti-cannabis sentiment, will have to keep up with the times or be left behind.
:bravo:

Yeah I don't know if I would call everyone kicking and screaming the whole way totally in. The only reason the majority of week Dem's went along was they were being called non patriotic "they attacked us" as in Afganistan and Iraq. The country was hurting the Republicans replaced that hurt with what is the natural next emotion for all humans FEAR sprinkled in a little bullshit and lies and there you have it. Bush wanted a war and he was determined to have one. Highest approval rating of any president ever when right after 911 then what......I'll wait......oh yeah people started to see him for the criminal he is and what was it when he left oh yeah 29% so even the dumb asses left him. Average approval for both terms 35% that's a Fucking F in any grading curve. Take away the rich and I would guess it's half that. Please don't talk to me about Bush he should be in prison as we speak along with Rove and Dick. If you want to defend Bush go ahead the simple fact is I wish I was wrong, I wish he had left the country as he found it But he didn't he royally screwed us for a long long time. Will we come out? I'm not going to say we won't but I am defiantly concerned. I suggest you read something else because whatever that crap is your on now is bunk. I'm going to stop now about the politics but really that's all it is who can maneuver for position to bleed the cash from the American people.

Oh and so you know I have no affiliation with any party they all suck. I just have a real love to smash on the Bush......I voted for Obama and so far considering the gift he's was
left to unwrap he has a C his drug policy and war polices only slightly better than "W" but better none the less.......Still shity but wee can at least take a breath let the Republicans back in office and see what kinda crap they pull I'm worried at least a little.

They're chomping at the bit right now mouths foaming go ahead look around. They just mentioned trying to impeach Obama PLEASE how can you defend these people they are a joke and a bad one at that.

First of, FUCK BUSH! Secondly I would like to say that the best bill would set laboratory standards for cannabis labeled for medical consumption, no limit on personal grows (this would completely kill the black market, everyone who smokes can grow to there taste). There would be full access to the male variety of cannabis known as hemp for private and industrial use (because, why can we buy it and not use it?), there would be an age restriction of 21 years and older except when prescribed except it'll have to be in a non smokable form (because kids shouldn't smoke, no matter how cool they look), and the retail sales will have distribution laws similar to alcohol with no limit on purchase amount (if you can buy a keg you can buy a pound. period.).
But what non informed nonsmoker would support that? what politician would back it? Prop 19 is more then most could hope for and I believe it's a good first step. Remember we have till 2012 then we can do whatever the fuck we want:yahoo:
p.s. I would also free all simple possession prisoners and first time offenders with a clean slate.

Sounds like some one doesn't want to share the wealth is what it sounds like and that's all I have to say......bedlam yeah the dispensaries will be monitored more and make less profit if the price drops.

They talk about 38 dollar ounces the dispensaries in the bay area are paying 800 a pound for humbolt outdoor right now that's why they ship it out to us here in Missouri where they pay 4000.

Bingo

And fuck Obama too. He is just another pawn, just like Bush was. So far, Obama has done nothing more than walk in Bush's footsteps.

Well yes and no when it comes to our wars yes even worse attacks with drones and others I could go on but is that what it takes, I can't say I have the right answer either but to have never gone over in the first place can't really do that now. Leave yes now but the negative to that no one ever mentions is how much that would possibly help the ones we are fighting. Knowing they have beat up on the US how that will help their cause I imagine a whole lot I mean they beat the US. What does that do to us? Personally I think we should vote on it as a nation because it's going to take years in Afganastan 90% of the population can't even read and write for them to accomplish even basic security will be a decade just to educate them. So it's going to be a minute no matter what Bush set whom ever up for that for decades no matter who the president is. The military there ows it to the people of Afganastan and they know it. The people there will be slaughtered if we left right now and completely our fault we started this war there and asked them to help us and many thousands have. Is it worth a Trillion dollars or more to fix our mistake I hate to say it but YES it is the right thing to do.

When it comes to Marijuana he could do more but seriously right now not the biggest or best fight for him to pick it could be used so many ways. I think that's why old Gil is the drug CZAR smoke really he is anti prohibition but get in and talks crazy and I mean crazy! It's smoke nd mirrors he's has the right thinking he's not soft on pot and look the opposition it's week. They are not really trying they want the people to push this threw. They have to fight a little or they will be labeled Obama learned he can't educate everyone by himself some like to be dumb so you act one way and let things happen and start the debate so they can be blasted by the media even FOX is saying we need legalization (I keep a eye on the enemy) so on this he's done what he can right now WAY MORE THAN BUSH I might add.

We are broke as a nation and will be for a while because of Bush and a few others. It didn't matter who was elected this would have not changed only we would have all been broke and out of work instead of only 20 percent had McCain been elected. Oh and at war with Iran so your solution here.......I'll wait.

You realize also the reason we have to have a stimulus and fix roads and bridges is because this money was stolen for the wars. Oh and from our SS that is now almost gone stolen by the Republicans once again not his fault. Things are beginning to look a little better but need a lot of help. Not to mention I still hear of privatization of SS around the GOP looks like they want even more of your cash. Call them the same if you want but at least we have known the whole way just how we were getting fucked Bush and the republicans will be fucking us in different positions for years to come.:cool:

Well yes and no when it comes to our wars yes even worse attacks with drones and others I could go on but is that what it takes, I can't say I have the right answer either but to have never gone over in the first place can't really do that now. Leave yes now but the negative to that no one ever mentions is how much that would possibly help the ones we are fighting. Knowing they have beat up on the US how that will help their cause I imagine a whole lot I mean they beat the US. What does that do to us? Personally I think we should vote on it as a nation because it's going to take years in Afganastan 90% of the population can't even read and write for them to accomplish even basic security will be a decade just to educate them. So it's going to be a minute no matter what Bush set whom ever up for that for decades no matter who the president is. The military there ows it to the people of Afganastan and they know it. The people there will be slaughtered if we left right now and completely our fault we started this war there and asked them to help us and many thousands have. Is it worth a Trillion dollars or more to fix our mistake I hate to say it but YES it is the right thing to do.

When it comes to Marijuana he could do more but seriously right now not the biggest or best fight for him to pick it could be used so many ways. I think that's why old Gil is the drug CZAR smoke really he is anti prohibition but get in and talks crazy and I mean crazy! It's smoke nd mirrors he's has the right thinking he's not soft on pot and look the opposition it's week. They are not really trying they want the people to push this threw. They have to fight a little or they will be labeled Obama learned he can't educate everyone by himself some like to be dumb so you act one way and let things happen and start the debate so they can be blasted by the media even FOX is saying we need legalization (I keep a eye on the enemy) so on this he's done what he can right now WAY MORE THAN BUSH I might add.

We are broke as a nation and will be for a while because of Bush and a few others. It didn't matter who was elected this would have not changed only we would have all been broke and out of work instead of only 20 percent had McCain been elected. Oh and at war with Iran so your solution here.......I'll wait.

You realize also the reason we have to have a stimulus and fix roads and bridges is because this money was stolen for the wars. Oh and from our SS that is now almost gone stolen by the Republicans once again not his fault. Things are beginning to look a little better but need a lot of help. Not to mention I still hear of privatization of SS around the GOP looks like they want even more of your cash. Call them the same if you want but at least we have known the whole way just how we were getting fucked Bush and the republicans will be fucking us in different positions for years to come.:cool:

I'm struggling to understand how Obama has done more than Bush... his approval ratings are lower than Bushes at the moment...

I'm struggling to understand how Obama has done more than Bush... his approval ratings are lower than Bushes at the moment...

Approval ratings when after 911 or when he left his average for 2 terms was 35% that is a fact and a mutherfucking F no mater how you slice it.

Well struggle no longer first off what did Bush do besides attack 2 countries that had no part in the tragedy of 911 the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia and trained there as well as Afganastan. In short if you think we are evn one percent safer you have the best herb on the planet because you are stoned out of your brain:tokin:

Obama's approval is low now yes but what part of that is congress and what part is him. Is the country doing better Yes did he save the auto companies Yes. Add 3 million jobs lost if they fail like the Republicans wanted including mine! :hookah:

Defiantly changed the way the the rest of the world feels about us for the better and unfortunately yes we do need the rest of the world to survive. Some say fuck everyone we should do our thing yeah there is a few countries like that we call them Korea, Iran, and Venezuela. Thing is two of them have way more oil than we do can't exactly run our tanks off solar.

Probably saved what was left of your parents 401k so they won't be out on the street.

I could go on Bush set us back 20 years that's the simple truth tell me how Bush is even better than Richard Nixon he did way more for the country and is one of the worst ever.

One good thing Bush has done I challenge anyone please educate me because I cannot think of one or find one. We are worse as a nation because of his policies nobody is arguing that Obama has a shit ton of work to do but WE ALL KNEW THAT so why is it a surprise. I'm not happy either but I'm happier than any of the other choices he just needs bigger nuts:roorrip:

Theres always the guillotine...It fixes greed real good.

Yeah not so civilized but well deserved:) and effective I think you do have to cut their heads of or they won't die. They eat a special concoction of all our cash that keeps them around fucking thinks up for ever. DAMM who got me started on the Bush.......quit doing that crap you can never win if he's your hero I can smash him all day every day.

And yes I am not happy with the current administration either but they are better at least a little. Show me who on the other side (republicans,tea pussys, anyone) has anything that's not backward and bigoted as far as a plan to fix things and I'll show you a lie covered in bullshit. They have already said their plan is more of what they did when Bush was in office, that nearly destroyed us for good and if you don't think so you could be ignorant. You know FOX is not news right? It's a comedy channel but the name Comedy Central was taken.

Approval ratings when after 911 or when he left his average for 2 terms was 35% that is a fact and a mutherfucking F no mater how you slice it.

Well struggle no longer first off what did Bush do besides attack 2 countries that had no part in the tragedy of 911 the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia and trained there as well as Afganastan. In short if you think we are evn one percent safer you have the best herb on the planet because you are stoned out of your brain:tokin:

Obama's approval is low now yes but what part of that is congress and what part is him. Is the country doing better Yes did he save the auto companies Yes. Add 3 million jobs lost if they fail like the Republicans wanted including mine! :hookah:

Defiantly changed the way the the rest of the world feels about us for the better and unfortunately yes we do need the rest of the world to survive. Some say fuck everyone we should do our thing yeah there is a few countries like that we call them Korea, Iran, and Venezuela. Thing is two of them have way more oil than we do can't exactly run our tanks off solar.

Probably saved what was left of your parents 401k so they won't be out on the street.

I could go on Bush set us back 20 years that's the simple truth tell me how Bush is even better than Richard Nixon he did way more for the country and is one of the worst ever.

One good thing Bush has done I challenge anyone please educate me because I cannot think of one or find one. We are worse as a nation because of his policies nobody is arguing that Obama has a shit ton of work to do but WE ALL KNEW THAT so why is it a surprise. I'm not happy either but I'm happier than any of the other choices he just needs bigger nuts:roorrip:

I say quit beating up on the men in office and look to the real evil...the association of our government with corporate america.
Cheny and his lil company haliburton were driving the war bus. I just wonder if haliburton is into medical, pharma, insurance, suppliers of law enforcement & prison equiment. Not to b a troll...but I think this links to the MMJ patent. YOUR US GOVERNMENT HOLDS IT!!! IT HAPPEND IN 2003. the us gov is hoping for chaos (not by users so much as how the law is enforced) to totally ban all hope of legal MJ medical or not. Pharma steps forward with the only legal access.....so then the DR becoms the dealer...just like the opiats they would rather me use now.

Shit Dick "shoot my buddy in the face" Cheney Is a fucking war criminal and should be prosecuted like yesterday. He's even admitted to investigators and national tv he committed them. Yeah Obama has done enough alright enough putting these fools in prison.

Chong for President.

Please enlighten me who out there would make a better president besides Chong?

No really name someone who you could see running our country better right now because they all suck for the most part anyways.....I'll wait but for now I'll take the smartest guy available it wouldn't mater who he was part of.

Shit Dick "shoot my buddy in the face" Cheney Is a fucking war criminal and should be prosecuted like yesterday. He's even admitted to investigators and national tv he committed them. Yeah Obama has done enough alright enough putting these fools in prison.

Chong for President.

Please enlighten me who out there would make a better president besides Chong?

No really name someone who you could see running our country better right now because they all suck for the most part anyways.....I'll wait but for now I'll take the smartest guy available it wouldn't mater who he was part of.

Tommy Chong for president 2012!!

I say quit beating up on the men in office and look to the real evil...the association of our government with corporate america.
Cheny and his lil company haliburton were driving the war bus. I just wonder if haliburton is into medical, pharma, insurance, suppliers of law enforcement & prison equiment. Not to b a troll...but I think this links to the MMJ patent. YOUR US GOVERNMENT HOLDS IT!!! IT HAPPEND IN 2003. the us gov is hoping for chaos (not by users so much as how the law is enforced) to totally ban all hope of legal MJ medical or not. Pharma steps forward with the only legal access.....so then the DR becoms the dealer...just like the opiats they would rather me use now.

Not this Dr I promise I'm more of a spreader of the truth.

Yes I totally agree corporate greed and influence has destroyed our freedoms. Problem is the right has set it up that way (corps are now people). The Dems sold their soul to the Devil (could be Cheney I'm still looking into this theory) he made a huge deposit when he left office. Got in deeper because they had to to get the support behind Obama and here we are. I think he could be a good man maybe even great but to many schmucks around him now for any real good we'll see though. I imagine if he does it will be in his second term if it happens at all beneath the vultures.

You must understand these people do not form their own opinions they are advised by a team and they all have a piece in the ignorance and corruption. He's need to change his staff and move in a different direction for anything to happen.

Back
Top Bottom