Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under new laws?

Re: Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under the new l

hey just so everyone knows , The college of physicians and surgeons just released a MMPR policy update, stating that doctors can no longer charge patients for medical documents. College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario releases Marijuana for Medical Purposes policy update - Lift - Blog

Currently that article applies to Ontario only. Lift has confirmed this on their Facebook page. Hopefully it doesn't take long for other provinces follow suite.

Re: Medical Marijuana Services - Looking for a prescription in Canada under the new l

Hey guys, I highly suggest you check out the green dr network. I did the online application, next day I got a call from a very friendly and helpful nurse. I was on the phone with her for over an hour and answered all of my questions in great detail with no rush or rudeness. I was advised because my condition is minor the dr will only let me choose Aphria as my LP, but after 1 month I can change to anyone I wish. Next day I sent in the rest of the forms and my payment $400+hst=$452. The day after the dr receptionist emailed me with a list of available appointment times. Mine is next week! I'll let you know how it pans out. As far as documentation goes all I sent in was a note from my dr saying I've been complaining of back pain for 6 months plus and I sent in the receipt for the meds he gave me.... Muscle relaxers and anti inflammatory. My documents said anything about marijuana.

Hey Pulp, I think I reconize your name from another "private" forum I frequent. I'm kind of worried about this new no charging policy. I'm pretty sure these Drs only do this because they can charge for it and don't have to go thru the time and effort of diagnoses. The article is from the 10th and the Dr office contacted me yesterday so I hope they either don't know about it or are ignoring it. Since cannabis is not technically approved as a pharmaceutical I think it's fair that they charge. Plus these clincs create jobs for the nurses and admin staff.

...As far as documentation goes all I sent in was a note from my dr saying I've been complaining of back pain for 6 months plus and I sent in the receipt for the meds he gave me...

Thank you for the feedback but this is a classic case in point with our frustrations. You did NOT need to have your existing Dr's forms or prescriptions during a consult with a different Dr. for medical cannabis, just a few short months ago. Something has happened, something has changed to make them seemingly all request your existing Dr. to sign or provide prescription proof. All one needed to do, just last month, was a Skype consult with a Dr.

Hey Pulp, I think I reconize your name from another "private" forum I frequent. I'm kind of worried about this new no charging policy. I'm pretty sure these Drs only do this because they can charge for it and don't have to go thru the time and effort of diagnoses. The article is from the 10th and the Dr office contacted me yesterday so I hope they either don't know about it or are ignoring it. Since cannabis is not technically approved as a pharmaceutical I think it's fair that they charge. Plus these clincs create jobs for the nurses and admin staff.

Hey Jordan, PM me the other site, I'm curious if there's a pulp imposter. LOL

I have no problem with the fees, none whatsoever, if a Skype or visit will get me my card. My current GP wants NOTHING to do with the process. I will gladly pay $500 for a Skype consult, keeping my GP off the hook. For some reason, Skype consults WITHOUT your current Dr's diagnosis/prescriptions etc... is OVER. :(

I just talked to green dr network about that new policy... She said the Dr is not charging for the perscription. The clinic is charging you for a referral. If the Dr wants to accept a "donation" from the clinic then he is free to do so. Works for me lol.

Pulp, it says I can only PM after 50 posts. I'll have to get my post count up before I PM you.

Pulp, it says I can only PM after 50 posts. I'll have to get my post count up before I PM you.

LOL I see that now too! What a stupid rule. Sooooo many goddang stupid rules eh? LOL

The other site won't allow PM's at all lol. I'm almost at 50 now.
Has anyone else given green dr network a try yet?

LOL Gonna take a while to figure this out!

I received your PM but I can't reply yet. LOL What a ridiculous system. Anyways, that Forum you mention doesn't ring a bell. What do the 2 letters stand for? PM me that and I'll reply here. LOL!

Hi everyone.:ciao:

I sent an email to body stream asking about my MMJ renewal. They emailed me back within a day, and advised that they would contact me when the renewal date was closer. I'm still three months from having to renew. I'll keep you all posted.
Cheers all.

I hear good things about the Green Doctor Network. Everything is good except the price.

I hear good things about the Green Doctor Network. Everything is good except the price.

Do they need your current DR's forms, him to sign off or anything like that which many of us have a problem with because they want nothing to do with it?

Yup, you do need a referral from a general physician.

Here's some more info on what's needed. Hope it helps. Required Documents - Green Doctor Network

Thanks. And there lies-in the problem. We didn't need referral docs in the past, just a Skype or in-house diagnosys. Something has changed and I don't know why. This is useless to people who's doctors want nothing to do with the medical cannabis system. Thanks for trying though! :)

I didn't need any referral documents for green dr network. All they asked for was a letter from the dr saying I've seen him for this issue and any prescription receipts I've collected over the years. I'm waiting for them to confirm my skype appointment. It should be wednesday, Thursday or Friday if this week. One weird thing I noticed is the clinic that the green dr network referred me to. If I google the name I don't see any info on it. Also the number that was attached in the email is someone's personal cell.
Stealth grow....did MMS refer you to bodystream?

Hey Jordan. MMS stopped me dead in her tracks after they asked for my GP's diagnosis etc... and he wouldn't do it. Anyways, back to the PM issue... [deleted]

Yea bodystream did the same to me. They are all a bit misleading. At first I was told all you need is a note then once you go deeper and talk to someone on the phone they start asking for 5 pages of medical documents, X-rays etc. Green dr is my last hope I think. I've already paid the fee so all I can do is wait. Her positive attitude during the consultation has given me a glimmer of hope.

Back
Top Bottom