mh and hps or hps and hps?

i do believe its the spectrum of light. i dont know jack about the lights, sorry. i do know they grow a very nice flower. especially the 430 watt eye, if im not mistaken its the more blue in the 430 watt that gives it a little kick.
im just a guy tryin to grow meds. wishin i was fishin
peace

the eye hortilux are some amazing lamps.. they are designed for growing, they come in different models... such as..

super hps - which is a HPS, that also throws out lots of blue, and other spectrums to enhance plant growth.

ACE - which is a HPS bulb that will run on MH ballasts. these however dont run as well as the super hps's

they also produce metal halides.

now... the best bulb IMO, is the hortilux dual arc... this bulb has both the MH, and HPS tubes, in ONE bulb. pretty cool in my opinion.

nibec, thanks a million. That is awsome that you would take all that time to help someone you dont even know. Good Help from Good Peeps!

no problem bud, i dont mind helping people out.

remember that there are 1000 different paths to take, and many people will argue that one is greater than the other. and while i try to provide the best path, its all opinion from trial and error :)

With all this info I am hell bent on spendind some money on a new lamp. I am on the fence between a cmh($60), or a eye hortilux($100).........nibec, I have one more question pertaining to ph, I know I am in wrong thread but I put it out there last night and nobody answered yet. I am getting nervous.......My runoff ph is at 4.5, and some tips are starting to crinckle a little......Do I just keep any water or feeding at like 7 or so to bring it back or do I need to add dolomite? How big of a problem is this?

i think people are going to lean towards the hortilux, however, if you are stickin to 400 watt, i think you should go CMH

i have never side by side compaired them, and who knows maybe one day i will... maybe someone else can chime in here.

anyways, i would correct the ph with dolomite.. add it to your watering, if left that low, eventually you will start to see nute lockouts, and she will start to become unhealthy, and if it goes long enough, she can die.

i reccomend always adding DL to your soil before starting. but adding it to your water until its corrected should do the trick.

Hey, would by any chance adding hydrozyme and great white root treatment(microbs) over the last two weeks have anything to do with the drop in ph or is it just because I should of added it to the ocean forest in the first place?

ive not encountered this, ive not solution. sorry
any idea how it got this way?
hows the plant?
paece

I just think it is because I never added lime in the beginning. I think I have always had this problem but just learned about testing the runoff as of recent. I always ph before adding but I think it is from soil breaking down. I have done ok in past, but maybe this was holding me back from superstardom!
The guy at the store told me to just put in next few water or feeds in with a ph around a seven until it gets closer. Said to wait before adding lime just to be safe. That it should be put in before hand, obviously.
Although I have just read nibecs reply on another similar thread about constantly adjusting, but I think I need to get it a little closer before I have trouble.

if its way off, throw out what i said about constantly flucuating PH, get some 7.2 ish water/nutes flowing through her. soil buffers ph change way different than hydro does. and what i said in that post, applies very loosely to soil, and a lot more heavy in hydro.

and yes, DL should be added before hand rather than later, what you can do, is mix a little onto the top layer of soil, and as you water, overtime it should run down into the mix. it will take a while, but thats the safer way of doing things. remember a little goes a long way.

but for now, i think "the guy" gave you some solid advice, and you might as well just run with that, and if you dont see impovement (which you should) then get the lime in there.

water with a slightly higher PH than normal, until your run off starts to get close to what you are putting in..

so water
#1 7.3 in , 5 out.
#2 7.2 in , 5.6out
#3 7.2 in , 6 out
#4 7.0 in , 6.3 out
#5 7.0 in , 6.5 out
#6 6.8 in , 6.8 out perfect.

that kind of thing, but keep in mind, my numbers are no where near what you may experience, lol. thats just an example, and may or may not work for you.

I mentioned in another thread that I want to switch to the GLM for vegging my diesel. you mentioned somewhere about mixing the lighting. I have all HPS, three on magnetic balast, two on electronic. all 600w. So if I have those on for 12 then off for 12 and some CFL's and or incandescents on for the hour splitting the dark cycle would that be ok?

well I can not run out and buy anything new right now, I have to work with what I have. which is 3 600w magnetic HPS ballasts and 2 600w electronic HPS ballasts.

I need to find the best way to veg and flower with those.

if its way off, throw out what i said about constantly flucuating PH, get some 7.2 ish water/nutes flowing through her. soil buffers ph change way different than hydro does. and what i said in that post, applies very loosely to soil, and a lot more heavy in hydro.

and yes, DL should be added before hand rather than later, what you can do, is mix a little onto the top layer of soil, and as you water, overtime it should run down into the mix. it will take a while, but thats the safer way of doing things. remember a little goes a long way.

but for now, i think "the guy" gave you some solid advice, and you might as well just run with that, and if you dont see impovement (which you should) then get the lime in there.

water with a slightly higher PH than normal, until your run off starts to get close to what you are putting in..

so water
#1 7.3 in , 5 out.
#2 7.2 in , 5.6out
#3 7.2 in , 6 out
#4 7.0 in , 6.3 out
#5 7.0 in , 6.5 out
#6 6.8 in , 6.8 out perfect.

that kind of thing, but keep in mind, my numbers are no where near what you may experience, lol. thats just an example, and may or may not work for you.

I have been hitting it and I got it up to a 5 or 5.3. It dosent want to get any higher...I might do just a little lime mix on top...
I have hard water. Could that be the issue? I use the hardwater micro on feed days but once a week its hard water and in the first few weeks it was all water. If you think it could be the problem, what would you recomend for that?

Hi
I use MH for veg. and a 430W Son Agro for flowering and I have great results.
The maufactor of the 430W bulb use more cold spectrum than a normal 400W bulb
and you can run it with a regular 400W ballast.

honestly i reccomend not using hardwater, and using RO or distilled, however, the hard water shouldnt be affecting your ph. as long as you are indeed PH;ing it before adding it to the medium.

how are things looking, anyways?

Back
Top Bottom