Mildew

I do more of a bud soak than a bud wash.

The original bud wash recipe by Doc was 1/2 cup of lemon juice & 1/2 cup baking soda in first bucket, next 2 buckets plain water. Then there was another bud wash for PM using hydrogen peroxide mixed in first bucket & next 2 buckets were plain water.

What I normally do is 3 buckets clean water. Hold each branch or cola under for 3 - 5 minutes and move on to the next bucket. I’ve got a clip system rigged over each bucket so I don’t have to stand there, I just rotate from bucket to bucket and drip dry hang for 4 hours

hope you get past the pm

I do more of a bud soak than a bud wash.

The original bud wash recipe by Doc was 1/2 cup of lemon juice & 1/2 cup baking soda in first bucket, next 2 buckets plain water. Then there was another bud wash for PM using hydrogen peroxide mixed in first bucket & next 2 buckets were plain water.

What I normally do is 3 buckets clean water. Hold each branch or cola under for 3 - 5 minutes and move on to the next bucket. I’ve got a clip system rigged over each bucket so I don’t have to stand there, I just rotate from bucket to bucket and drip dry hang for 4 hours

hope you get past the pm
I did all 3 I had 4 Rubbermaid’s full. First the peroxide then the lemon and soda. I think it was together in the second bucket. Then water in last two for a good rinse.

I am dealing with the dreaded powdery mildew. I get it every year here outdoors.I trim till my arms go numb.:goodluck:
Hey I got this and it is helping a lot!
7DBA3553-5896-41BC-ABCA-9CFBF1098A31.jpeg

alright so, long story short I got a bit lazy with keeping up on the trimming on all of my plants. My two biggest ones especially. Ive since started trimming alot more and then noticed the first signs of mildew. So then I heavily trimmed them, and have been treating the plants with 2teaspoons apple cider vinegar/1 quart water. But im not seeing the results im looking for. Ive done a ton of reading, and am open to washing the buds before harvest. Should I switch to using hydrogen peroxide?
Hey dude! I think you are in Ontario as I am if I remember correctly from my mildew post. The milk seemed to do the trick for me after I did the apple cider vinegar. But.... now I went and bought some Potassium Bicarbonate that I am going to use weekly now. I am pretty sure that it is like the gold standard for powdery mildew, add a little oil and dish soap to it and it not only kills mildew on contact but sticks around to keep the surface acidic. Also it is completely safe to spray on buds right up until harvest apparently. I know of a place that sells it here in London if you are anywhere around here

Hey dude! I think you are in Ontario as I am if I remember correctly from my mildew post. The milk seemed to do the trick for me after I did the apple cider vinegar. But.... now I went and bought some Potassium Bicarbonate that I am going to use weekly now. I am pretty sure that it is like the gold standard for powdery mildew, add a little oil and dish soap to it and it not only kills mildew on contact but sticks around to keep the surface acidic. Also it is completely safe to spray on buds right up until harvest apparently. I know of a place that sells it here in London if you are anywhere around here

Not too far, Im St. Catharines. commute to the hammer everyday for work tho. There are a few grow shops around here
I was really trying to "home remedy" this. My last option of home remedy would be the hydrogen peroxide I think. I havent decided what to do next yet, torn lol

Not too far, Im St. Catharines. commute to the hammer everyday for work tho. There are a few grow shops around here
I was really trying to "home remedy" this. My last option of home remedy would be the hydrogen peroxide I think. I havent decided what to do next yet, torn lol
Ahh gotcha! Well apparently the potassium bicarbonate is known as an organic fungicide now, i got. 300gram container of it for $6

I am gonna say about a quart I do not think you'll burn them it is only 3% to start I have not burned mine and I spray in full sun.

Oh so this is to be used during the day? I thought this was a lights-off thing?
Or is both acceptable? I know usually you dont want to spray anything on your plants during the day,.milk being an exception

@BeanTownFan420 can you tell me what ratio I should be using for the hydrogen peroxide? The wife is picking some up right now, hoping to do a treatment tonight. It is to be used in the dark unlike Milk, correct?
Really hope this works, if not il be hittin up a grow shop :(

hydrogen peroxide for mildew control works well at one part hydrogen peroxide to four parts water. and a bit more dilution for the bud wash at harvest,, and a good rinse of course

cheers

Back
Top Bottom