Mildew

bcarpenter24

alright so, long story short I got a bit lazy with keeping up on the trimming on all of my plants. My two biggest ones especially. Ive since started trimming alot more and then noticed the first signs of mildew. So then I heavily trimmed them, and have been treating the plants with 2teaspoons apple cider vinegar/1 quart water. But im not seeing the results im looking for. Ive done a ton of reading, and am open to washing the buds before harvest. Should I switch to using hydrogen peroxide?

Try a milk and water mix about half and half with a dot of dish soap. And spray in the sun and let sit in the sun. Do all this after you cut off all you can get off. Good luck brother. And yeah peroxide bud wash at harvest.
Unfortunately, we havent been having much sun the last few days, and theres not too much in the forecast the next few days either. I did think about the milk but were just not getting the sun right now that would be needed I dont think. Im not sure what to do.

@bcarpenter24
I have read that Neem Oil is pretty good at controlling Powdery Mildew. I haven't exoerienced it, so perhaps there is validity to that statement. It is a process to use. There is measuring and mixing and adding organic, plant based, dye & perfume free dish soap (Ecos dishsoap) as a surfactant to break up oil and water surface tension.

I have also heard of mixing Baking Soda and water and applying. This creates an environment that is too low on the pH scale to allow a mold/mildew to propagate. I have seen more against this method than for it and have not tried it myself.

Research the baking soda method before using to get exact ratios to keep things safe.

Neem? I refer to RoyalQueenSeeds site as they have great threads as well and measurements.
1 tsp Neem/ 1 liter Water + 7-10 drops of organic soap.
Never spray things during lights on or daytime. (Unless this milk thing?) As for the Neem, i buy DynaGro cold pressed Neem Oil. Great stuff. It also doubles as a folair application for nutrients AND is an organic pesticide. (Winning!)

I think the poster is asking if he should use hydrogen peroxide mixed with water for bud washing.
As for me I bud wash with 3 buckets of plain water immediately after the chop. Everyone else has their own unique protocols. I have never used peroxide in bud washing myself - but I know it’s recommend for bud washing plants that do have PM on it.

Early in the grow while plants are in veg, sulfur will help ward off both PM and mites, but (I think) it’s more of a preventative than a cure. I’ve heard you shouldn’t use sulfur in flower but dusting the top of the soil might help.

Have you got any pics of the plant? How many weeks old is this girl? Is she in veg or flower?

Ok, see what other folks say!

Heres the one, the strain is chocolata,about 2-3 weeks in flower

Attachments

• 15997647930338691014405524726011.jpg
    15997647930338691014405524726011.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • 15997648126305355906630411964231.jpg
    15997648126305355906630411964231.jpg
    827.1 KB · Views: 69
I get it mostly on leaves they get removed and discard any bud badly infected wash and hash everything else.I have never had it ruin my crop but it is a pain in the ass.Again i would rather have issues like mildew than have prohibition!:cheer:
Should the bud still be smokabke after the wash? Not the terrible ones obviously but, the saveable ones.
Luckily I live in Niagara, Ontario. Our laws have been getting pretty good here so Im with you on that!

The biggest issue was this one here: when I transplanted these two into this raised garden, I didnt take into consideration how big they would get, they both took off like a rocket. This one especially, taking away alot of airflow from the Chocolata next to it

*not sure why there was a piece of paper towel in there lol but I grabbed it

Attachments

• 15997655070567501797799530537645.jpg
    15997655070567501797799530537645.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
Killer plant, it’s stacking up right!

Ok, I kinda lied there but not intentionally tho. I had a small bit of PM on 2 branches in one harvest. I did bud wash them with peroxide but I took those 2 branches worth of bud and twisted them up into cobs. So I can’t really speak to the outcome since they are still cob curing.

Cob curing? Will have to look that up, never heard of it before

I use up all of my trim for cobs plus I throw some good bud in for potency sake. Use fresh harvest stuff tho not already dried & cured bud. This link is rather long but first page or two will do you. Also it can be done with corn husks from the Mexican food section of most any grocery store. You don’t have to use a vacuum sealer if you don’t have one. Soak the corn husks and follow the directions. The end is really smooth smoke Tangwenas Cobs << Yo, Heres the link!

The cobs take a long time to cure out properly but it’s kinda like a weed savings bank. In 6 months you will be glad you saved some!

@bcarpenter24
I have read that Neem Oil is pretty good at controlling Powdery Mildew. I haven't exoerienced it, so perhaps there is validity to that statement. It is a process to use. There is measuring and mixing and adding organic, plant based, dye & perfume free dish soap (Ecos dishsoap) as a surfactant to break up oil and water surface tension.

I have also heard of mixing Baking Soda and water and applying. This creates an environment that is too low on the pH scale to allow a mold/mildew to propagate. I have seen more against this method than for it and have not tried it myself.

Research the baking soda method before using to get exact ratios to keep things safe.

Neem? I refer to RoyalQueenSeeds site as they have great threads as well and measurements.
1 tsp Neem/ 1 liter Water + 7-10 drops of organic soap.
Never spray things during lights on or daytime. (Unless this milk thing?) As for the Neem, i buy DynaGro cold pressed Neem Oil. Great stuff. It also doubles as a folair application for nutrients AND is an organic pesticide. (Winning!)
You don’t want neem on flowers though. It will taste horrid. I have tried the baking soda in water with a Lil dish soap and I think it might have slowed it but the soda dries white powder is left so you need to do it and then rinse your plant off in the next day or two. Then let it dry and check everything and remove all you can. Good luck.

@Enjoil
My Neem reference was in to using it before harvest. I misunderstood the message. They are thinking after harvest. I routinely use Neem on my buds up to about 2-3 weeks before harvest and it doesn't affect their terpene profile. I spray the whole plant. Buds n all.

Back
Top Bottom