Mini Split AC Unit Recommendations

SoCaler

I need some help picking out a mini split ac unit to put in my 8X8X7 tent.
The tent will be in my garage and it does get hot in there during summer. I was thinking maybe a 18000 btu unit that is pre-charged with coolant.
Please give my your experience with the brand and model.

Thanks in advance!

:thanks:

I can find the units all over the place.
I'm looking for someone with experience with them, that can give me a recommendation on size, brand that sort of thing.

Thanks for the very quick response!
I'm looking at the Friedrich 18,000Btu or 24,000Btu Mini split units.
It looks like their pre-charged. (Hopefully, Because I'm installing it myself)
I'm assuming the line set is the tubing that connects the two units together, and their sold separately.
The drop down for the line sets Has 15" and 35", is it inches or feet?
Are these units hard wired in or do they plug in, if they do plug in what type of plug, because I'll have to run the electrical.

Thanks for letting me bug you!

Thanks for the very quick response!
I'm looking at the Friedrich 18,000Btu or 24,000Btu Mini split units.
It looks like their pre-charged. (Hopefully, Because I'm installing it myself)
I'm assuming the line set is the tubing that connects the two units together, and their sold separately.
The drop down for the line sets Has 15" and 35", is it inches or feet?
Are these units hard wired in or do they plug in, if they do plug in what type of plug, because I'll have to run the electrical.

Thanks for letting me bug you!

1-Yes, Line Set Connects the two together.
2- Its Feet, idk why it does that
3- Hard wired to a disc connect ( All 18's and 24's are normally hardwired)

(220v disconnect outside)

Thank you climatcontrol

Which size would you recomend for an 8'X8' tent with 3 1000 watt lights and a dehumidifier, in a warm garage?

You said there are places I could the unit, I'm in the San Diego area.

:adore:

Thank you climatcontrol

Which size would you recomend for an 8'X8' tent with 3 1000 watt lights and a dehumidifier, in a warm garage?

You said there are places I could the unit, I'm in the San Diego area.

:adore:

I would Go 24000 Btu (Inverter) So it will only use what it needs( Ie: if it only needs 16000 btu, then thats what it will use) Same Good Quality(price is better)

Shinco units are close to Gardena, CA Most people in your area prefer Shinco's, cause they can get them fast. Friedrich ships from San Antonio, TX

I like the price of the Shinco 24,000Btu, but it looks to be a lot louder than the Friedrich.
The Friedrich is over $500 more, but unfortunately noise matters.
I'll probably order in the next week or two.
Thank you very much for all the help.
:yummy:

Mini split AC unit recommended!!

Best Mini Split Prices

If Anyone needs good prices on mini splits, please let me know!

18 Seer, Hitachi Compressor, DC Inverter,With Free Install Kits
P/U in Gardena, CA Available:
9000Btu: 749.99 - "Delivered or Picked Up Same Price"
12000Btu: 829.99 "Delivered or Picked Up Same Price"
18000Btu: 1105.99 "Delivered or Picked Up Same Price"
24000Btu(13.3seer): 1150.99 "Delivered or Picked Up Same Price"

We also have less expensive units, as well as more expensive units- But the growers seem to prefer Shinco, Superior prices, Superior quality!

This is not a commercial or spam, I am A New Sponsor for 420Mag.

We Proudly Serve the Following States: Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Maine, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, and all Of North America And Canada.

We Are Happy to Provide Mini Split Ductless Heat Pumps to Our Customers In:phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, Denver, Colorado Springs, Aurora, DC, Portland, Lewiston, Bangor, Detroit, Grand rapids, Warren, Billings, Missoula, Great Falls, Las Vegas, Paradise, Reno, Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Albequerque, Las Cruces, Rio Rancho, Portland, Eugene, Salem, Providence, Warwick, Cranston, Burlington, Rutland, South Burlington, Seattle, Tacoma, Spokane, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Ottawa and Many Other Cities in The USA And Canada. :thumb:

Hey ClimateControl
It looks like its going to be a few more week before I'll be able to order a unit.
I'm still going back and forth between the Friedrich 24,000Btu 17.5 seer AC only and Shinco 24,000Btu 13 seer. I really like the db rating on the Friedrich.
Is there a significant difference in energy usage between 17.5 and 13 seer.
Thanks
:lot-o-toke:

Hey ClimateControl
It looks like its going to be a few more week before I'll be able to order a unit.
I'm still going back and forth between the Friedrich 24,000Btu 17.5 seer AC only and Shinco 24,000Btu 13 seer. I really like the db rating on the Friedrich.
Is there a significant difference in energy usage between 17.5 and 13 seer.
Thanks
:lot-o-toke:

Shinco's run around 10dB Higher inside and out. ( Friedrich on high is 47dB inside, Shinco is 55dB. Outside Friedrich is 52dB, Shinco is 62db)

Seer rating, lets say that you will save around 7-10 buck a seer.
Cost is much higher, you'll spend 1150.99 With Shinco "Delivered"
You will spend well over 1700 bucks for Friedrich.
Friedrich will pay for the price difference in 1.5-2 years.

Now I mean honestly, I could give you 2, 12000 btu Shinco's systems at 18 seer for 1570.00 Delivered ( 34db Inside, and 52dB outside)
and you will come out with a higher seer, and both systems can run off of the same 220v, combined they will only draw 9.08amps (4.54amps each) while running. Which comes out better than Friedrich.

Friedrich for that model is going to come out around $1602- unit, $179.99 Line set, $140.00 for delivery. you'll be at $1921.99

ClimateControl, I think there's nothing you don't know about this subject.
Thank you for all the great info you've been giving me.
I appreciate you giving me options to save me money. :)
Unfortunately I have around 3 weeks to agonize over which unit to choose.
:thanks:

ClimateControl or anyone else, I'm building a 15'x15' sealed grow room and splitting it into 2 (veg./flower). I will have 6-1K lights in the flower room and 1K+T5's in veg. I was wondering if you could recommend 2 units(1 for each room) for me.

Also,
-Do I need a separate dehumidifier or does a split ac have its own way of dehumidifying to a specified percentage chosen by the user?

-Does the split ac have a temp. range it can be programmed to stay with in just in order for it not to be running constantly or is it an exact temp. setting? Just wondering if I will need to hook up the split to my climate controller...

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom