Mini Split AC Unit Recommendations

Hi climate control.

I'm trying to run one mini split to two tents.

I have a 5x10 and a 4x9 running 3k and 2k.

My idea is to buy a mini split 30 000 btu and install into the big tent and have enough air exchange between the tents that the second one will be cold as well.

I'm looking for energy efficient unit and noise could be a problem too. the quiet the better.

What do you recommend?

Vogh
San diego

Hi, I've been growing on a smaller scale for a wile using a 4x4 tent for veg and a 4x8 for flower with a portable a/c (9000btu)and 2 600W on the flower tent.

Now I'm adding a 5x10 as second flowering room. I have a power box with 50amp dedicated to 5K Watts now ( 3 x 1000 on the 5x10 and 2 1000w on the 4x8). Now my AC isn't strong enough for all this.
Keep in mind I can't bring the tents close together as a one big room.

I'm in SoCal and the temperatures are about to go up soon. Im planning to purchase a Mini slip 2,5 tons (30 000 Btus) and install inside the big tent (5x10) and have two 6" ducting with maxcan fans connecting bought tents to create enough air exchange between the tents. This way, the smaller tent will be cold as well. Right?

The tents will have lights on at the same time and CO2. SInce the air will be the same in both tents I'll have one dehumidifier on in one of them.

Brain Storming...

Is it 30 000 btus mini split enough for this? too small or too big?
Is it more efficient to buy 2 smaller minisplis, a dual zone mini split or my plan with one big unit and a lot air exchange between the tents will be enough?

Noise is a factor for the mini split so i'm looking for +/- 15 seer units.

Doe anyone has pictures of a minislpit on a tent? (i'm looking for ideas how to hang)

Cheers
VoGh

Hi Vogh
I have a 22,000btu Mitsubishi in a 8X8 tent for flowering it's more than I need, but on those hot SoCal days it's nice to not have to worry at all, my temps don't move.
As for mounting the unit in the tent, I built a structure inside that supports my AC and light mover and lights, it made my tent very solid.
I used Heavy duty shelve supports that I got at Lowes hardware and used wood for the top to attach the light mover and mounted the AC to a board I mounted to the shelve support.
The shelve support is 2' wide and 8' tall witch I cut down to fit the tent height, I mounted 2X4s to the top and a 1X6 8' long piece of hardwood to the 2X4s.
I would use a Dual zone, I wish I did!!
Mitsubishi's are very quite and 18 seer, but not the cheapest.
Good Luck:yummy:

1. I'm in SoCal and the temperatures are about to go up soon. Im planning to purchase a Mini slip 2,5 tons (30 000 Btus) and install inside the big tent (5x10) and have two 6" ducting with maxcan fans connecting bought tents to create enough air exchange between the tents. This way, the smaller tent will be cold as well. Right? Hypothetically, yes- or you could just go with a dual zone to put a blower in each.

2. Is it 30 000 btus mini split enough for this? too small or too big?its fine for your size, maybe a little too big but bugger is better than smaller

3. Is it more efficient to buy 2 smaller minisplis, a dual zone mini split or my plan with one big unit and a lot air exchange between the tents will be enough? Most of the time its cheaper to do 2 separate systems, but its often easier to go with a dual zone that way there is only one outside compressor.

4. Noise is a factor for the mini split so i'm looking for +/- 15 seer units. No worries, all of them are ultra quiet -some more than others, Inverters are often more quiet

5. Doe anyone has pictures of a minislpit on a tent? (i'm looking for ideas how to hang) You would have to build a wood support beam to attach the unit inside the tent. I just googled it and went through the images and found a few examples.

:thumb:

Thank you Socale. I'll probably build something similar...

ClimateControl: I could not find a dual 30K on your website. What do you recommend?

you mentioned
"I would Go 24000 Btu (Inverter) So it will only use what it needs( Ie: if it only needs 16000 btu, then thats what it will use) Same Good Quality(price is better) "

So in that 30000 btu would be the same thing? If I only need 24000 the inverter would only use that? So I wouldn't use all the 3000w of the 30 000 btus?

Cheers
Vogh

Another reason not to vent from one tent to the other is you could share bugs and mold and the veg. tent doesn't need to be as cool as the flower so you could fine tone each tent to your liking.
Like I said I wish I went with the Dual unit.
:peace:

Thanks SoCaler, I just purchased a 36 000 btus. I'll install saturday,I could not find the 30000 dual in a good price, so i went big and got the 3 ton .

Hey Climate control,
I am looking at one of your units AirCon 9,000 Btu 13 Seer 110v Mini Split Heat Pump AC A13CH/EM4H4G09 I see that the installation requires a certified HIVAC guy to install or the Warranty is voided. I am OK with the warranty being voided but will I be able to install this unit my self or does it require special tools? Im pretty handy but have never worked with AC stuff.

Shinco's run around 10dB Higher inside and out. ( Friedrich on high is 47dB inside, Shinco is 55dB. Outside Friedrich is 52dB, Shinco is 62db)

Seer rating, lets say that you will save around 7-10 buck a seer.
Cost is much higher, you'll spend 1150.99 With Shinco "Delivered"
You will spend well over 1700 bucks for Friedrich.
Friedrich will pay for the price difference in 1.5-2 years.

Now I mean honestly, I could give you 2, 12000 btu Shinco's systems at 18 seer for 1570.00 Delivered ( 34db Inside, and 52dB outside)
and you will come out with a higher seer, and both systems can run off of the same 220v, combined they will only draw 9.08amps (4.54amps each) while running. Which comes out better than Friedrich.

Friedrich for that model is going to come out around $1602- unit, $179.99 Line set, $140.00 for delivery. you'll be at $1921.99

you still have these available??

Hi Climatecontrol,

I have a Fujitsu halcyon mini split. The inside blower is working but no cool air.... The outside unit is not making any noise, there is a green light (TIMER) blinking twice at regular intervals on the inside unit. I think I need a tech... I'm in SoCal and you mentioned in a thread somewhere that you knew a guy. Can you help?

I took a part a soleus 14000 btu portable once and noticed the design was such that even with the dual hose
had lots and lots of the condenser air coming from inside instead of outside. I remedied it with foam weather stripping and spray foam. Not the easiest job though but a improvement.

Back
Top Bottom