Miracle-Gro Organic Choice Potting Mix

rugdoc

Miracle-Gro® Organic Choice® Potting Mix is it any good? I cant see to find any good soil in my area! I live in the D.C. area so if anyone knows of a good shop let me know.Thanks

Re: Miracle-Gro® Organic Choice® Potting Mix

I do not recommend MG, I suggest that you try to locate Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil mix 1.5 cu ft bags. If that is all that you have to use than make do with it and follow its directions, on watering, and adding no more fertilizers other than whats recommended by MG.

Thanks for the info Cherma I found a place that sell Organic mechanics soil so I will use that instead.

i have heard not to use any soil that has time release nuts/ferts, something along the lines of like, when your going into the flowering stage, it'll start releasing the wrong nutes and what not, so i would find some fox farms, or try and use straight up soil and add what you desire and what your plant desires
hope that helps any, and if i am wrong someone please correct me so i am not makin a total fool of myself ha
-bubba

Just picked up some good soil so I will be using the MG for the tomatoes and strawberries

Thanks Everyone! You might have saved my plants!

cheapest soil mix DIY top soil compost perlite and or peat

wally world sells all of this and so do lowes and home depot and the other national chains if you can get damaged bags at a discount you may get it all under ten dollars

Soil is garbage and nobody should use it for Marijuana. Pulled my babies out of it last night and everything is better. The only reason why I even attempted to use MG soil is because the seeds were "free" and I though that this one might be different, well its not! The PH is around 8 and its full of twigs and random weird stuff. No one use this it is horrible!

Even the organic MG has time release ferts. It says on the package "feeds up to 1 month". It's unfortunate that MG soil is taking over most walmarts, lowes, and targets. It's hard to find much else; however, it's worth it to take the time and money and invest in soil that is worth it. ;-)

ok, i just got back from home depot, and was relieved to see that they had an organic MG style that was perfect. i looked through all of them and saw all of the moisture control, and time release, and even organic. all of those are potting mixes, they really aren't the ideal thing for in ground plants. so i picked up the "organic garden soil." it says nothing about continuous feed, and comes with whatever NPK ratio that organic stuff comes with. not the best, but a better alternative than the continuous feed stuff.

Keep me posted, I am interested in finding a replacement for Fox Farms. I am currently using Organic Mechanics and it is doing great, but it is also a "expensive" soil.:smokin: I hope it works for you I would start of by checking the PH, I should have done that with the MG soil and it would have saved me at least a weeks work of growing.

a friend told me about hyponix organic soil, i found it at a local menards, and it saved two of my plants, was using time release garbage, within a week of new soil and flushin, they were darn near back to normal, the big bag was relentivly cheap too, at 3.49 a bag

I have used MG organc and it ruined my first grow. The day i opened the bag i had a problem with an infestation of these nats n bugs in the soil. It emediatly started to wilt my girls.... MG ORGGANIC is not the soil to use.... Now their basic nutes when mixed and used correctly ar not bad but most def not perfect.
Keep us posted, you got everyones intrest. Lets see some pics when ya get some progress. PEACE

1/3 Perlite, 1/3 Vermiculite, 1/3 Peat moss, add your own nutrients this formula works great.

try light warrior then 50/50 with ocean forest til big enough to go 100% ocean forrest. workin great for me!

try light warrior then 50/50 with ocean forest til big enough to go 100% ocean forrest. workin great for me!

Ditto.. i have 30/30 lite warrior/ocean and 20/20 perlite/vermiculite..

ok, i just got back from home depot, and was relieved to see that they had an organic MG style that was perfect. i looked through all of them and saw all of the moisture control, and time release, and even organic. all of those are potting mixes, they really aren't the ideal thing for in ground plants. so i picked up the "organic garden soil." it says nothing about continuous feed, and comes with whatever NPK ratio that organic stuff comes with. not the best, but a better alternative than the continuous feed stuff.

just started. im in the same situation with soil. how did it treat you? are your plants doing well??

Looks like you found what you wanted,laural has a store maryland hydro and baltimore hydro. I wasted one year on MG potting soil and I would never get it again. Get fox farm and add 30% perlite to it and after say three weeks get the fox farm ferts and use there schedule . JUST SAY NO TO MIRACLE GROW!!!!!!!!

Looks like you found what you wanted,laural has a store maryland hydro and baltimore hydro. I wasted one year on MG potting soil and I would never get it again. Get fox farm and add 30% perlite to it and after say three weeks get the fox farm ferts and use there schedule . JUST SAY NO TO MIRACLE GROW!!!!!!!!

lET ME SAVE YOU SOME TIME! MG potting soil is BAD please listen to me. use fox farm and cut it with coco fibers and perlite. It is very rich so you can get two bags from one. I did test for over a year amd the MG was different every time. If you want nothing but problems and to wast your time then use it. It could work the first time but you never know what you are getting so spend the extra little cassh and get real dirt. Oh if you thionk about it cutting the good soil with perlite and a few other thins that dont cost much you are getting much more then you think for your cash.

Back
Top Bottom