Mirror bases? No grow tent

RonnieJames

420 Member
Anyone ever experiment with mirror like bases. I noticed over the years in another hobby (SPS corals) that requires full spectrum at least 600 watts of lighting. My stony corals produced a lot faster on a bare bottom tank, its like a mirror. I know light penetration can lower yields, in theory the buds would be getting light, good light from 360 degrees..I don't know the mechanics of how buds grow either, please forgive me if I sound foolish...But I wonder if its worth being able to reflect all the light I can back up into the plant. You wouldn't have to use real mirrors, thats dangerous, but something that can reflect enough light to make a difference? I'm just spit balling this . But if theres a record of this actually making a difference I would be very interested. I can say it works great on glass bottom tanks compared to tanks with sand bottoms. These tanks are fish free, and only used for growing pieces that require optimal conditions, chemistry, nutrients, ph, etc...

Mirrors don't work nearly as well as bright flat white paint. Use Orca film, prep/prime/paint your walls, get a grow tent, properly affix mylar to walls (no wrinkles), tape Reflectix duct insulation to the walls if nothing else...

But do not use mirrors or random "mirror-like" objects on or for your grow room walls.

I actually hate having to go all "James Bond" simply to grow something ..Where I live now, when people are busted any amount of weight, literally makes the local news and papers..Back in the 80s outdoor grows were really easy. The science had not caught on with the majority of growers. We tended to baby the health of the root system and ignore just about everything else. What I have read, mostly on this forum, and diaries have taught me a ton. Thanks so much

Yeah it's shit that the law isn't on our side bud. My mates looking at jail for it just now. Got caught with 50odd plants.
It's wierd though,i know loads of guys that have been busted and the sentences don't make sense.
1 guy got caught with 1 plant that was an easy 30ouncer. She was beautiful like, the day he was gonna chop it the door went and got a £350 fine.
Another guy growing for medical got caught with a 10 X tiny plant sog that was only gonna give 10-15oz at best and he got 6 months.
If it was at least a different judge I could understand the difference but same judge in the same court. Go figure that one lol.

Back
Top Bottom