Miss Burley - Mexican Sativa

I wanted to post a couple of pix of my largest Mexican Sativa. I call her Miss Burley. She's 6' tall and 23 days into flowering. She's moved past my HID light so I added some CFLs at the top to get good light to her main cola.

msburley2.jpg

msburley.jpg

It's taken her longer to start flowering than my other plants but she's coming on strong now. There may gave been some excess N in the soil that delayed flowering or it might be a trait. I dunno.

I'm hoping she doesn't get root bound and I can keep her alive for another 5 weeks or so. She's very healthy at this point but I know that can change quick.

Wish me luck!! :smokin:

Harry

It probably is bound Ms. Fox but it isn't showing any signs of stress yet.

Yeah, a few more months and I could string some blinking lights around it and add a few presents.
439.gif

I never expected these ladies to grow over 6' but you live and learn I guess. Out of the four I'm growing, one does appear to be root bound and it's not as tall as this one, but it is showing stress. Not sure whether it will make it to maturity.

I guess they could all die out before they mature but I got some nice clones that I'll keep smaller and lower on my next attempt.

I might be able to baby these though for a few more weeks though and get something decent from them, I hope. Anything would be better than the dirt shwag C-bo I have access to. :smokin:

Thanks Boss & SG. She's certainly a big one. The main stem is like a garden hose.
439.gif

so is there a reason you can't transplant it? That would ensure it has plenty of room and would make it happier. ;-)
Well, I never considered it until you put it that way. I do have a 10 gallon bucket. If this one starts dying, I may very well transplant, if I can find a buddy to help. Actually, only one other person knows about this grow and he's a grower too so I could get him to lend a hand.

Hopefully, it won't come to that but it might very well be worth the effort to ensure this gal matures. I have a feeling it has big yield and potency potential. ;)

Thanks for the prod Ms.Foxy! :smokin:

Harry

I grew a five foot bubblegum in a 3 gal. pot... It did get rootbound about 8 weeks in and never quite finished.. I ended up pulling it around 120 days of 12/12 and she still wasn't done. Think positive m Mr. Harry.... She will be fine....:ganjamon: She is looking good and Hell yea, if you have someone to help, transplant that beauty. I think you have longer then five weeks too....:peace:

transplanting it now will give Ms Burley a lot more leg room to grow out big.
that thing looks like a beast

If I decided to transplant this one, can anyone suggest a good way to get that thing out of the 5 gallon pot without damaging it, especially the roots? It looks like it would be a bear.

Thanks

Harry

I can't answer that, but my only regret from my other grow was that I did not transplant two of them, and they both turned out ok but not lke they should have. I debated on what to do for weeks and by then it was to late to do anything..Can you let it dry up a bit, it should somewhat seperate from the sides??? I am intersted to see or hear what the roots actually look like... Good luck to you Harry...:peace:

its easiest to get a knife and cut the pot down the middle, bucket will fall off leaving the root ball.

Well, I can't tell by the pics, but I'm assuming it's a plastic pot? If it is, I agree ^^ just cut it off with some serious garden shears or something similar. Much easier than possibly damaging or shocking the plant trying to slide it out of the pot.

You guys are making this too hard, grab the trunk once the soil is dry and turn it sideways and tap it and pull it out. fill another container up with soil and put it in, water it and bam you're done. Don't cut your pot man, one less thing to buy next time around :)

Thanks for all the suggestions guys and gals. Cutting the bucket had crossed my mind. Buckets are easy to come by and free if you know where to go.

Right now, the plant is in too good of condition to consider transplanting. I'm sure that can change in hurry though. :smokin:

Check out this big plant in a little bucket..

big-plant-small-pot.jpg

How did they do it? :smokin:

Harry

how far into flowering are you now?

I'm 25 days into 12/12 Dr. 215.

For some reason, this big one has taken longer to flower and the buds are not as mature as the others (which actually look like 25 days into flowering). I'd say this one looks about a week or more behind the others, in terms of flower maturity. Maybe there was an abundance of N in the soil that caused the delay on Miss Burley. I'm not sure. The leaves were (and still are) very green.

Harry

Back
Top Bottom