Mites during flowering

TheGoodness

Alright heres the question im at day 35 in flowering and i am having an outbreak of mites. The plants are out growing them but still i would like to know if it would be safe to use some neem oil or any other insecticide to at least control them so they stay in check. Or would i be risking it all to mold from the humidity. Any help would be great.:adore:

TheGoodness said:
Alright heres the question im at day 35 in flowering and i am having an outbreak of mites. The plants are out growing them but still i would like to know if it would be safe to use some neem oil or any other insecticide to at least control them so they stay in check. Or would i be risking it all to mold from the humidity. Any help would be great.:adore:
you can buy a product called that grean stuf and spray every day
but mix it with 50/50 water because it is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:allgood: :allgood: :Rasta: :Rasta:

The problem with using insecticide on buds is:
You end up smoking the insecticide
and
you end up smoking the dead mites and thier eggs.

-Keeping temps below 70F will greatly reduce mites reproduction rate.
-A friend vacuumed her plants several times/day. It was time consuming but it helped a lot and was better than losing a crop or smoking mites/insecticide.
-Misting (different than spraying) with chilled water also cuts reproduction rates.

I had an outbreak of mites in my last few weeks of flowering too... if you're successfull in killing them then i would suggest water curing your buds afterwards (so you dont have to worry about smoking dead mites lol)

DON'T USE PEST STRIPS.
There's a reason why they're outlawed in places where food is prepared/cooked/eaten, or anywhere people congregate.
THEY'RE TOXIC. Using pest strips is like constantly spraying your buds with Raid.

ya i think they're fuckin wit mine rite now,they look a lil droopy n just plain dull

WOW, good advice RD. Has anyone ever tried smoking them out? You could also keep a lot of bakers yeast fermenting in your grow area untill you harvest. I've read that really high CO2 levels can kill mites. Do a search, you may be able to find more info on this elsewhere on this site. It would be a bit time consuming and messy, but it wont hurt your plants none at all. If you're using HPS they'll even benifit from it.
Vin

use an oil base organic pesticide, but also clean out your grow area (if indoors) with lightly mixed bleach and water. (remove your plants and let the fumes go away before you put them back) if you are less than 4 weeks from harvest just wash them in room temperature soap and water. Next harvest thow out all the old dirt and wash all your pots and equiptment in hot soapy water. I even bug bomb the grow room a few days before i restart just to ease my bug-fobia.

Neem oil should only be appliled in veg. or early flowering. It is NOT for use when the buds are close to being finished.

Levels of Co2 so high they would kill mites would probably suffocate the plants as well.

Safest thing to use- MORE BUGS! Perdator mites, and Ladybugs will wipe them out if they can establish themselves well enough in your growroom. These bugs will not harm your plants, only the mites.

Back
Top Bottom