Spider mites during harvest

Hebrewdiver

Well harvesting my girls I noticed that I have a spider mite infestation. I could actually see the spider mites themselves underneath the leaves. Is there anything I can use or do to read the plantsOf these mites and still maintain my grow or harvest? I’ve heard that using a hairdryer that the heat may kill them or Neem oil

How far along are the plants? How many plants? Got pics of your girls?

If they are close to harvest then I would say NO to both the Neem Oil and hairdryer. Neem oil is going to impart bad taste, open the bottle take a whiff its nasty and yeah it’s oil based so that shit will have to be washed right off anyway. The hair dryer has potential to melt your trichs away rendering the buds useless

when you chop them and hang them upside down the mites should climb to the top of the cut stalk. Also just FYI around here most growers are pretty big on bud washing.

I’m just one of the newbies but the pros will jump in soon

So there’s different ways of bud-washing, but 3 buckets of clean lukewarm water. First bucket gets baking soda & lemon juice, next 2 buckets are rinse buckets. For heavy pests many will substitute baking soda lemon juice and replace it with a dose of 3% h202 to help bubble critters away.

trichs are not water soluble so bud washing does zero harm to your crop, helps it dry more evenly. Obviously you want to be gentle and not bang the colas on edges of bucket. If you’ve never bud washed then you will be in for a treat, will be the best nugs you ever tasted after the cure. Was trying to find link but unable to at the moment

Cool HebrewDiver - see what other replies come in fer sure and yes apologies but couldn’t find my usual 420 mag bud washing link. Dunno if you’ve tried Low & Slow Fridge cure but it’s the bomb too. I try to split my harvests half traditional dry hang and into jars for burping but other half gets Low & Slow fridge cure it’s really great on taste & terps

Low & Slow cure here’s link on that, it’s long thread but page 1 gets you there, rest are recent comments

Cool HebrewDiver - see what other replies come in fer sure and yes apologies but couldn’t find my usual 420 mag bud washing link. Dunno if you’ve tried Low & Slow Fridge cure but it’s the bomb too. I try to split my harvests half traditional dry hang and into jars for burping but other half gets Low & Slow fridge cure it’s really great on taste & terps

Low & Slow cure here’s link on that, it’s long thread but page 1 gets you there, rest are recent comments
Thank 013 the info you have provided is well needed and received. Thanks a bag full

Well harvesting my girls I noticed that I have a spider mite infestation.
If you are already harvesting tehn the Neem Oil or just about anything else will not do much to get rid of the problem. It is also recommended that even if the product says it can be used up to harvest or the day before many growers recommend nothing be used in the last week or two.

At this point, once harvesting has started, the 'bud washing' that @013 mentions, and found the link for, is about all that you can do.

Back
Top Bottom