mites week 5 help!

vancouverwa

mani have some killer strains in week 5. i just noticed i have mites.. i had a crop before but not last...i used lady bugs and worked good.. is there anything i can use that will help in week 5? i am affraid to use neem due to taste.. is safer soap going to effect tatse this late? it is winter right now and if i keep heater off temp will drop down to 40-50's.. will this slowly kill em off by week 7?? i was thinking both dropping temp and get lady bugs .. the lady bugs will die off fast due to cold nights, but might eat enough ?? what do you smart people suggest this late into the cycle??? thanks in advance my friends!!:thanks::cool:

Re: mites week 5 help!!!

I have used neem concentrate made by Green light in week 5 of flower. The people at the hydro shop recomended it, said they had used it at week 5 with no bad side effects. I used it, it worked great, mites were gone in 3 days. It is organic and suppose to be completely through the plants system in 7 days. My plants finished and turned out great. I couldn't notice a difference in taste, potency, or yield from previous grows. I now use it consistently once a week until about week 3 of flower, it keeps away the mites, fungus gnats, and seems to help with powdery mildew.

ok thanks a lot..my local shop sells neem oil by dyna-gro and also says organic.. but maybe different results.. shop ownwe says if i like the taste of neem oil then use it lol??

Hey McBudz

So how long into flower can you use neem without affecting the plants??

They say up to 1 day before harvest. Personally I would like some time for it to breakdown and not effect taste. Maybe 2 weeks before harvest with a good rinse of straight water a week before harvest and plenty of air circulation to prevent mold/rot.

Back
Top Bottom