Mitochondria and cannabis?

Monty Verde

Hello happy people!!

And you that is not, -to:)

I have a mitochondrial-disease. My cells do not get oxygen and nutrition in the amount they need. The symptoms are too many to tell. I wonder if anyone in here knows anything about cannabis and mito? I feel that cannabid helps me in a number of ways, -for example, I can sleep pretty well. I dont have my muscle-cramps as I had about 10-30 times a day before.

I can now lie still and watch a movie with the family without pain. I can rest "better" etc.

My doctor can not understand the relationship because she seems to be ’a little bit left behind’. I live in a country with highly restrictive drug laws. If you use cannabis here, you are considered to be a heavy addict. I have stood on my behalf and been honest that I had a lot of help from the green gold. But she think Im nuts and I just like to get stoned.

When I googled my disease + cannabis, I saw that it was one of the first "diseases" that doctors wrote cannabis for in the United States so I guess Im on to something.

Is there any-one (anybody?) here in this forum who knows anything about this?

Or if someone knows good articles and studies that I can show my doctor?

And also I probebly have to excuce my bad english.. Its been a while since school

Thanks in advance:)

Welcome to 420 magazine. I’m sorry to here about your condition. Hopefully someone here may be able to helpful. @SweetSue she is a highly knowledge individual that deals with a lot medical marijuana. On another note I believe fermented Kayle Salt water could help you. It’s very Controversial due to the amount of sodium a person must I take. But the known carrier of oxygen in the blood is h20 water. And you get your trace nutrients in the Celtic grey sea salt or the pink Himalayan sea salt and Cabbage or kale ferment. Well at least that’s what my wife says. Check out Barbra Oh Neil on you tube. She’s an Australian holistic Doctor Who believes in the powers of water and good sea salt

Thanks for the call Icemann. :hug:

And :welcome: to the forum Sickfarmer. :hug:

Hmmm.... I’m not well-versed in mitochondrial diseases. Maybe someone else can step in on some particulars on that. I’d be surprised if no one steps forward, but if so I’ll certainly go looking to see what I can find.

I am aware of the work of Dr. William Courtney with acid cannabinoids - those in the plant naturally before decarboxylation. What we now know is there are cannabinoid receptors that are not yet well understood found on the mitochondrial wall, at least that’s my recollection.

I’d certainly look into his work. He advocates eating cannabis buds raw, either fresh chewed, which few can pull off, or most typically in a smoothie or blended drink that includes fresh buds.

As you can imagine, fresh buds are difficult to keep around, but we have members who’ve discovered that you’ll get good health benefits from chewing dried bud or using dried cannabis powder like a food seasoning. An infused oil without decarbing will also work and be easier to dose.

The idea is to get acid cannabinoids - raw cannabinoids - into the system. We’re learning that acid cannabinoids have some powerful medical benefits. I tend to think of cannabis as a food these days.

That’s about all I have at the moment. Check out Dr. Courtney’s work. I’ll see what else I can find that’ll get you going in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom