Mixing Nutes

HeadMed

I posted this in the lounge, I am really interested in your mixing methods, how do you fill your rez? add nutes? Like whats your method?

I'm using 40 gal rezy's, and I've always added my nutes 1 at a time directly to the tank as i filled it with water (I now have a hose, but this used to involve 5gal at a time.). I am using yer basic gh flora, diamond nectar, B1, Silica, Zone, koolbloom, and grodan blocks, flood and drain tables.

I have been using gh fer so long and the same water for so long, I know all the amounts and can have them ready to go in their own cups waiting to be tossed into the rez as it fills up.

I've played with the order they go in, currently its; Ph up, water, diamond nectar, water, B1, water, Zone (if needed, not always), water, silica, water, KoolBloom, water, Micro, water, Bloom, top off tank with water.

Its been suggested to me, that I may be locking some stuff out do to this method.

What I'm supposed to do is fill the tank with water remove a gallon of water, add my nutes to that gallon and pour it back into the tank and mix it.

OR

What I'm supposed to do is add supplements to their own gallons of clean water, fill the tank (mostly) and add nutes from those gallons we set up until i reach the desired ph and ppm.

That would be 8 gallons fer me... really?

Am I doing it wrong.... I could be... I've been wrong on this adventure before.

How do you do it?

Re: Mixxing Nutes

I've been top filling 500gal reservoirs without problems. Nutrients will disperse quickly enough that lock out shouldn't ever be a problem unless you rapid fire everything in at the same time and don't stir or give it time to mix. Personally, I'd mix in GH Micro first as per their directions. Other than that you'll be fine pouring everything into the same body of water.

"The order in which the nutes are aded", really caught my attention. If the water is circulating, what's the difference. And your water should be circulating. My tubs hold between 3-6 gals of water. I don't seem to have the same problem that you are having.

The order I came up with is based on what I saw as how reactive everything was. If i put the ph up (fer me 20ml) in to my completed solution you could see it react and crystallize into clouds in the tank, so it goes in first as the tank fills up with water,the additives being specifically designed or concentrates, then main nutes being more stable and balanced.

I am a giant stoner goober, and have been just doing what makes sense to my twisted head. I really want to improve everything i do, I want to learn more.

The order I came up with is based on what I saw as how reactive everything was. If i put the ph up (fer me 20ml) in to my completed solution you could see it react and crystallize into clouds in the tank, so it goes in first as the tank fills up with water,the additives being specifically designed or concentrates, then main nutes being more stable and balanced.

I am a giant stoner goober, and have been just doing what makes sense to my twisted head. I really want to improve everything i do, I want to learn more.

LOL just stick around here you'll be a master in no time...

Well I dont know if this is the "proper" order in which my nute soup is concieved but I always add my base nutes first, micro is always first then grow finishing off with bloom. The bottle reccommended I do it that way. Then I add all my 'supplements" then finsih off with my PH adjuster. I make about 30 gallons of soup at one time. I always adjust after my soup has settled because the water isnt always the same and I use the same source of water, with a R/O system. My city water does fluctuate with the seasons. This has worked for me for over 2 years now.

CGs

Back
Top Bottom