MMJ V Hard drugs, and a 9 y/o Grandson

ZedRules

This is an attempt to share my frustration and sadness concerning my family troubles over MMJ vs hard drugs and a 9 y/o grandson. I am coming up to my two year anniversary as a MMJ patient and long time user before hand and with all the crap that comes from the stigma of using it. I advocate safe access to MMJ & really complete access for adult use period. I have a stepson who is 36 w/ a history of hard drugs, in & out of jail and often ducks out on his son who is now nine. His ex g/f, the boy's mother, is also a **** head. My grandson is being raised by the ex g/f's parents. His mom is also familiar with jails and recently was paroled to a rehab which should have lead to some form of rehabilatated life...wrong!!! These idiots let her out early, pushed her into a halfway house and according to the other grandparents she was release to a family willing to help her find work as a pre-school teacher.

This family appearently was growing MMJ for many patients and had the caregiver's papers to authenticate this. They fell under the spell of one sweet talking liar who told them all of her good intentions to win back her son...they began to trust her more and eventually left the house unattended, and she called up some friends who rented a UHAUL truck and came by...snatched up about one hundred plants, equipment, security cameras and the paperwork...hit the highway only to be pulled over by some CHP. They looked in the back of the truck and now my grandson's mother is back in jail looking at some real detention time now...thank's for looking out for your son.

I have my grandson over everyother weekend and have hidden my use of MMJ from him at all times. He really likes hanging w/ pappa & playing video games and going places...makes my heart soar to be with him because it takes me back to my childhood. How sad it is that my stepson & the old ex g/f couldn't get free of real poison like hard drugs and have the opportunity to see him grow up. My stepson has not seen him since he was seven. I think MMJ could help calm down these **** heads while they are going through extensive rehab...it would be worth it if lives could stay changed with the aid of cannabis in this particular type of drug treatment.

Hey dude, I'm sorry that your in such a difficult situation but believe me when I say your grandchild will have alot of respect for you when he gets older and understands what's going on. I speak from expirence.

Growing up I was always left feeling alone and constantly being sent from place to place and being taken care of by numerous differnet people some of which were not relatives. My parents were not gone because of drugs but I constantly felt abandoned. I myself felt closer to my grandparents. In high school I tried hard drugs a few times only to find that it's not worth it in the least especially because of the high risk of addictions and the problems that spawn from that.

My point in this story is not only to relate to your situation but also to tell you that your doing a great job with your grandson. Considering the fact that most people at some point try marijuana, your grandson will most likely use it when he gets older. Hiding your use from him is a great idea now but when hes much older telling him about safe and responsible use may be the best bet. It will make your relationship with him better. Personally, I have a much better relationship with my mother in the recent years. It's not perfect, but she knows I smoke and I know she has smoked in the past and is still willing to do it if the opportunity is available to her. Since she knows im responsible about smoking, she has respect for me doing so and I have more respect for her valueing my ability to make an educated decision about responsible marijuana use as well as being more honest about her past.

I'm not trying to tell you how to raise your grandchild, just food for thought from someone who has had a similar expirence.

thats a terrible story man. im very glad to hear that your taking the time to be a responsible and positive image in your grandsons life...doesnt sound like anyone else has. props man thats got to an awesome feeling. hope all turns out well. oneup zed

Back
Top Bottom