Molybdenum deficiency?

Reetafour

This apparent deficiency appeared almost overnight after a gentle pruning of inside branches that won't be of any value as they start to flower and a standard nute feeding. 3rd or 4th week of flowering, 400W HPS, soiless mix, 12/12, blue planet nutes that they have been raised on.
moly_2.JPG
moly_1.JPG

is this a moly deficiency? That's the only thing that comes close as far as the pix in the books and here on the site.

Well folks, I've been away a while with continuing family crisis, but now I'm right about to harvest. The girls have done well since being forced to bush, nothing but buds however there is a worrying development of some white spots appearing on one of them. I've included a pic of the spots as well as a not very good picture of them both just to show the results of all your advice. Any ideas on the white spots, thought perhaps it was powdery mildew but it is very sporadic. Also the concern about a moly def was unfounded as it appears that the strain is probably some kind of purple something.
Jan_2013_001.JPG
Jan_2013_005.JPG

Hello
from what I'm seeing it's not powdery mildew. It looks more like Crystals forming, and this is normal. Not all powdery mildew is white, white is the most common color.
A way to tell is to rub your fingers over the white spots and see if it turns sticky or not. If it's sticky then its THC

Thanks Al,
The trichomes are doing very well, however the white spots aren't trichomes. If you look at the bud in the center of the picture, you'll see the white spots on the fan leaves that remain, they're also visible on the darker leaves on the bud at ten o'clock. They are almost exclusively on the fan leaves, but a couple of buds show the spots appearing up on the bud leaves themselves and that concerns me the most. I'll be harvesting any day now, but I'd like to know if I've got some kind of mold getting started. Under a microscope they are clearly not an insect problem, and look like discoloration of the leaf fibers. It also not spider mite damage.

I'm using ph balanced water with Jax balanced nutes. There's been no change in feeding watering schedule or nutes in the last 4 weeks. I switched over to Jax from BPN in early December. Jax has cal/mag listed, and from what I've seem both cal and mag def manifest themselves as brownish/rustish markings as opposed to white spots.

Hello
I must have missed the part you were about to harvest.
what is going on is a natural part of the life cycle. the plant is near the end.

Thanks Al, yes it will be harvested by the weekend I think. I harvested her sister last wednesday, with the trichomes just starting to go milky. This one I am waiting til I see some amber, but since we go down south in mid february I may have to pull the trigger a little sooner than I want. This one was a the healthier of the two all along, and now she;s really takin her sweet time to go to amber.

Hey mate, My last girl flowered for 62 days and was just turning amber!! Well she was about 10% amber which I maybe should have pulled a bit earlier as she started to make a few seed pods.
Your girl was definately a strange one!! What strain was she, Some purp I presume:) But I agree, looks kinda like some trichs on the sugar leaves around buds.. HOpe they toke up well;) Smokemup

Back
Top Bottom