Most efficient use of entire plant!

I know a number of members that use trim to make oils and butters Hdinkleman, but that trim usually contains some small buds too. I’ve saved fans and turned them into oil for topicals and it was so dark and smelled so strong that it was basically unusable in our prohibitive society. Maybe others have more success.

The THC value of fans is always going to be very low compared to other areas. Back in my lean days we smoked fans and got high, just not high in the same way. It’s not something I hope to ever do again.

I personally think fans make excellent worm food and compost additions. :laughtwo: They can also be frozen to use in juicing adventures, though to be honest, that’s hard to get down.

You’re welcome notechvapor. :hug: I’ve been experimenting with picture tutorials.
I, as usual , agree Sue. The fan leafs go directly to my worm bin! Trim, with the popcorn buds go to making oil for butter, but i frequently grind up the entire bud harvest from several big plants and make cco, as the oil is so versatile. I sometimes do the same thing for bubble hash. It is nice to have a bottle of very clean cco and a bottle of tincture on hand, but I must always have some good buds to smoke as well! Concentrates are more problematic concerning legal issues and the purest cco requires some expensive stainless steel equipment and other apparatus, and proper lab set up and knowledge or can be very hazardous! Best for most to stick to simpler home kitchen methods if they feel the need to make cco ! I could be happy if necessary, with just good bud to smoke and kitchen infusions, with the occasional bit of bubble hash! I will say that the whole plant, minus the buds should make fine oil for topical use, but will not taste good, smell good(without added terpines or something) or offer too much in the way of thc for the head!:smokin: tried all that and like Sue, found the resulting oil darker, bad tasting and not very good for getting a buzz!

Have collected quite a lot of leaf over my last two grows. I bung it in the freezer, then oven bag 120C for an hour, then extract in ethanol. Makes a dark but useful for getting stoned tincture. :) Variable though. I use my std method and amounts when making tincs from buds, but with leaf just do.....lots. :)

Back
Top Bottom