Multi-Harvest

aero420

In about 2 weeks, through a friend of a friend I am trading some Purple Kush clones and some NL#5 clones for some F-13 clones. I've been reading that, due to the Flo genetics, F-13 can be multi-harvested. I know nothing about this, and I am finding some conflicting information. What I think of when I hear multi-harvest is you can clip the mature buds, leave the plant and it will develop more buds. Some of what I am reading is leading me to believe that main cola matures first, and then the lower and side branches mature a few weeks later. Does this only apply to outdoor grows? Does any one have any info they can share concerning Flo and this multi-harvest thing? I asked the guy that has the F-13 mother and he said he had heard this but never tried it. His experience has been that the buds seem to be uniformly mature. I did not ask him what method he uses to determine this so I only can assume he is correct.

Any feedback is appreciated :helpsmilie:

What you are proposing is not really strain limited. The main cola is almost always the first to mature. Some like to havest the main cola first and allowing more time for the smaller buds to mature. It's really all about light exposure. If you have very good and even light distribution the majority of the plant ill mature at the same time. If you are stretching your light source the main cola will get the most and when removed the others will follow suit. This is one reason people use the LST, FIM, and Super cropping techniques. The light distribution is much more evenly dispursed on plants that have buds at equal heights.

Yeah, I see that sometimes but I wouldn't call that multi-harvest. Maybe its a matter of terminology.

This is what I am reading about F-13

The parents of F-13 are a dynamic duo from DJ Short's Delta-9 Blue Collection. The mother strain, Flo, is an early maturing sativa/indica hybrid with the unique ability to produce a continuous harvest of tight spear-shaped buds

And about Flo

A member of DJ Short's Delta 9 Blue Collection, Flo is an exciting plant. A sativa look-alike that matures early, Flo's name may reflect this plant's unique ability to produce a continual flow of buds through multiple harvesting. The first buds are ripe by the end of September at or near the 45 parallel North. About every 10 to 12 days after reaching initial maturity, new buds form and can be harvested through the end of November, or as long as the plant can remain alive in the given outdoor conditions. Indoors, buds mature by the end of the 6th week of 12/12 light and are still producing mature buds into the 7th week. If you harvest only once, the yield will be more modest. Due to the Flo's multi-harvest potential, it is ideal for greenhouse production

When I read that, I think that I can "pick" the buds, and the plant will still produce? Like I said, I am not sure how to read it.

Got this strain as well and had a similar question. From what I read from DJ Short and Ed Rosenthal. U supposed to be able to harvest by waiting for her to mature (7 weeks). Then cut tops and let her keep going. In 10 days its said that u can do this again for however long the plant can be kept alive. I got this info from the back of the Oaksterdam nursery brochure. They only speak of these benefits when grown outside. I don't c why one can't achieve this indoors. After all we're God indoors and the plants do what we say (sometimes). So if temps are right as well as lights, nute, and roots I think it can be done. This is the only FLO grow I've seen here to date. Talked to Doc and he said he knows an outdoor FLO grower. Give him a holla. here's his link to his journal>DocBud's Hempy Grow. I see u have the same info Aero. Give it a shot and let us see what it as well as u can do.

Sweet. Thanks for the link to the grow, I will definitely need to keep an eye on that. I should be getting 20 clones, I want to grow a mother plant, but as long as all the clones take, I think I am going to try this on one or two right out of the gate. I can't see the harm really. Have you heard that topping is the best way, leaving the lower branches alone on the 1st harvest? Do you let the main cola fully mature, then top? I was thinking about trying to harvest like a grape vine, just clip off the buds as they finish, leaving behind as much as I can.
From what I have read, it does work better outdoors, but I agree that it should work indoors too, at least to a degree.

I am going to have to start a grow journal when the clones get here.

Again, thanks for all your help BWC!:passitleft:

I'd LST the shit out of a FLO plant if she can do what DJ Short Claims. I wanna do it outdoors but my only concern is the quality of the genetics. I've heard mixed reviews. One from a 15 + year vet grower.He thinks Short's genetics are unimpressive. The only one I've had that I personally like was blueberry. Never had FLO, which is why I wonder is iy worth the risk when I have some great med strains at my disposal. Looks like we're waitin on the same thing.

I am hoping the F-13 has mostly Blueberry traits, and primarily the multi-harvest trait from Flo. If it yields like Blueberry on the first harvest, and you can get second "bonus" harvest a week or two later, and the taste/quality are on par with Blueberry, then I think we may have a winner. The fact that very few people grow Flo or F-13, and those that do seem to be all outdoor grows, has me leaning the other way, but its worth a shot either way. I guess we will find out. Part of me says that if grows like I am hoping it grows, and smokes like I am hoping it smokes, then everyone would have a Flo or Flo derived mother in the room. :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom