Multiple grow tents

Loco973

420 Member
Wanting to run 2 5x5's and 1 5x4 2 in 1 tent. Im trying to do a perpetual grow in my garage. I have a 5x5 setup now with a spider farmer sf4000, ac infinity t6 w/contoller, 4 6" fans, a honeywell tower heater, a humidifier and a dehumid when needed. Im wanting to set up my other 5x5 exactly the same and the 5x4 2 in 1 is a kit with 2 sets of t5s and aspider farmer sf4000. I dont know what to do about my wiring in my house and how to upgrade it without killing myself, or calling someone i dont know to come to my house n see my operation that shouldnt be there. Any electricians out there with insight on my problem? Need this to happen cuz i gotta get this perpetual grow going asap.

Are you comfortable doing some wiring yourself? You need to add new breakers to your breaker box that will be dedicated to your grow operation. You'll have to add up the wattage of all of your equipment, from there you can determine what amperage you'll need(watts÷volts=amps). And you don't want to use more than 80% of a circuits rating. My grow is smaller scale than you and I only needed to run a single 20amp (120v) circuit. You may want to look into adding a sub panel for your operation. I'm no electrician but I thoroughly researched safe practices, codes etc and it ended up being fairly simple. If you're unsure of yourself you should hire an electrician. You dont want to risk a fire. Do you have any plants going now?

Yes i have 6 autos. Seeds just popped. About 4 days ago. Wedding cake, watermelon zkittlez, gorilla zkittlez, runtz, blaccberry kush, skywalker og. All from barneys seeds. Im running only 1 tent right now and im doin good but just wanted to be prepared when i crank up more rooms. Im also using fox farm ocean forest and fox farm nutes full line up. Not sure if i should just LST the plants or scrog them. Looking for insight. 1st time growing indoors with LEDs. I ve always grown outdoors.

With the lights you are running you probably have nothing to worry about if your house has a 200 Amp Service.
I run a 450 watt, 300 watt & a 220 watt LED plus fans & other equipment in a mobile home with no problem. I do have each light plugged into it's own outlet though. Don't want too much power on 1 outlet. Just feel the outlet every once in a while to see if it feels warm. If so, too much power on that outlet.
A sub panel is much better. I ran a 50 Amp tp my shed which is my Flower room. I run 2 HPS lights in there with 750 watts on each plus fans, etc.
Do you have 2 empty spots next to each other in your breaker box ? If so, you can add a 30 - 50 Amp Breaker & use a light controller power box to plug everything in to. #6 wire is rated for 50 Amp so that's what I would use from the breaker box to the Light controller box.
No matter what you will have to have 2 spaces in your breaker box to upgrade the electric. Sometimes you have to use a sub panel & move breakers from the original breaker box to the sub panel to free up the 2 spots in the main panel for your 30 - 50 Amp breaker.

I have 2 spots so i will checc into it. Im running a double o gauge extesion from the wall to a digital timer surge protector n everything is plugged into that. It has 4 timed plugs n 4 that are always on. I will run the exact same setups in the other tents n i know the power draw is going to be crucial so all this info is extremely helpful. Thanx

Back
Top Bottom