Mutated seedling - Keep it or toss it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

solocup

I started a seed of purple kush auto by buddha seeds.
I'm unsure if it's mutated or if it has a virus and it's mutated ?

image25019.jpg

Should I continue to grow it or toss it out?

Re: Mutated seedling ... Keep it or toss it ?

I had one that looked similar (wasn't auto), and I grew it out. It was a bit smaller than the others due to stunted growth, but I cut the nutes way down, made sure my pH was in line, and it turned itself around. I'm not sure how yours will do since it's an auto though. At least you'll have some broccoli(?) to tide you over if it doesn't work out.

Re: Mutated seedling ... Keep it or toss it ?

If you have more ladies growing you can keep and see how it turns... If you are limited, say you can only do 2 at the time I'd chop her. I have a weirdo every time :))

It's spring time so I have plenty of room. Yes that is broccoli. I'm also growing bonnies mega cabbage. Thanks for the input and I will keep it and take so extra pics along the way. I'm curious to see what it turns out doing. I just didn't know if it was one of the mosaic virus' and I didn't want to lose my whole garden to it. I'm going to look that up just to double check .

To antics: the leaves don't look under watered. This is either a genetic mutation or a mosaic virus both of which are not covered in the pest and problem picture tutorial. Also I'm not asking for grow support I was simlply asking what it is , not how to fix it. For some reason I don't believe you even read what I posted. I think maybe your trying to get enough posts to win one of the monthly contests ??? Under watered ... That's not even close to looking under watered.

Anyway thanks for everyone else's input. I'll put pictures of the finished plant in my picture gallery if it even buds. We shall see:)

I've had plants that looked just like that. They were probably affected by a virus. Eventually healthy leaves would shoot out but until then the growth was very slow.

Stay cool my man. Yes, that was a shot from the hip but it's still pretty cool he's trying to help out :)

I'm going to keep it and see. And I'm staying cool... I just see a lot of new members start a grow journal and get a group of the same members "stopping by" to give what seems like an automated response and not actually answer a question. Starting to believe it's the member of the month contest that is the motivation and not actually helping but I'm wrong most of the time so I'll leave it at that. Thanks for the help antics:)

To antics: the leaves don't look under watered. This is either a genetic mutation or a mosaic virus both of which are not covered in the pest and problem picture tutorial. Also I'm not asking for grow support I was simlply asking what it is , not how to fix it. For some reason I don't believe you even read what I posted. I think maybe your trying to get enough posts to win one of the monthly contests ??? Under watered ... That's not even close to looking under watered.

Not cool, solocup. He's a respected member here and he only tried to help you. Nobody will bother helping you if you react by being disrespectful. Play nice.

Well, I looked at the problem your plant is showing.

I then looked in an area of the site that contains a few pictures of problems. I compared the two.

It resembles the underwatering picture, and simply added my input, in case you had a watering issue prior that wasn't mentioned, since you failed to mention basically EVERYTHING about your grow.

If this is not a mutation, and yes, you might be surprised to hear me tell you that numerous new users diagnose their plants wrong. I know.. shocking. How can someone new to the forum make a mistake? If it was diagnosed wrong, and is not a mutation, then you'll be following the path I sent you on, to provide more information. If it was a virus, which you yourself suggested it might be, you'd also be following the path I sent you on.

Your thread title says it's a mutated seedling. Then in your post you don't know if it's a mutation or a virus lol. Obviously you're looking for guidance, and I did my best to help you, or at least point you in the right direction, or give you some other ideas to entertain.

I don't post to try to win contests. I post to try to give back to the community that helped me when I was starting out, and continues to help me. I never came here to win anything.

I completely read what you posted. A title that has made a complete diagnoses and you have a simple question, and the body of your post where you have no idea what it is. I comprehended every word of it.

If we all just sit idle, and say "Oh sure man, just let it grow" when in fact there could be an underlying cause of the problem, we would be doing a great disservice to you. Think outside of the box, sometimes it's a great way to find answers.

Or we could always point you to the search box, at the top right of the forum so you don't have to ask another question, and perhaps receive a response that you're unhappy with.

Responses start to sound automated after you say the same thing 200 times, to 200 different people, sometimes having to say the same thing to the same person who refuses to listen.

But since you just want your own answers, here you go:

The search box is at the top right of the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom