My 1st time growing

Jeezusjuiicee

420 Member
Hey guys! So i haven't got my seeds yet but I just went and bought some super soil for my plant, and also some coco coir. My plan of attack was to put my germinated seeds in the coco coir/perlite mix for the 1st 3 weeks of growth. Because I was told they shouldn't have any nutrients for that time. And so after the 3 weeks I was going to just put it in the super soil (blueskys organic supersoil) and let her grow, soak in the nutrients that way instead of trying to buy all the nutrients myself and doing the ph. Is this an ok method to try?

Hey guys! So i haven't got my seeds yet but I just went and bought some super soil for my plant, and also some coco coir. My plan of attack was to put my germinated seeds in the coco coir/perlite mix for the 1st 3 weeks of growth. Because I was told they shouldn't have any nutrients for that time. And so after the 3 weeks I was going to just put it in the super soil (blueskys organic supersoil) and let her grow, soak in the nutrients that way instead of trying to buy all the nutrients myself and doing the ph. Is this an ok method to try?

Yes, but you should be OK starting the seed in the soil directly. You typically don't want to add fertilizer/nutrients until they have three full nodes, but you can plant in soil right away.

:Namaste:

K

Oh alright thanks! When I bought this dirt at my local grow store the guy told me it is to strong for new plants, and then he tried to sell me another $30 bag of coco coir when there was $2 bricks right there. So should I just go ahead and assume he was trying to money grab? And also just to confirm it won't burn the new plant if I start it in the supersoil?
Yes, but you should be OK starting the seed in the soil directly. You typically don't want to add fertilizer/nutrients until they have three full nodes, but you can plant in soil right away.

Oh alright thanks! When I bought this dirt at my local grow store the guy told me it is to strong for new plants, and then he tried to sell me another $30 bag of coco coir when there was $2 bricks right there. So should I just go ahead and assume he was trying to money grab? And also just to confirm it won't burn the new plant if I start it in the supersoil?
Yes he sounds like a money grabbing whore lol. I was told the same thing... ive put about 8-10 seeds through it and they arr perfectly fine

When I bought this dirt at my local grow store the guy told me it is to strong for new plants

Depends on the strain...I have killed many autos with my soil being too "hot" since they are light feeders...you can always use coir and it stores indef so no loss buying it now. If you plan to start in a smaller pot and transplant you can do a 50/50 coir/soil mix and then then transplant into the soil. All soil benefits from some addition of coir (imo) because it aerates and hold water, both increasing root vigor. Coir makes up about 10% of my soil (and 30% for autos).

Well, if you really wanted to be safe, and especially since you're a new grower, start in the coco. If the soil is super-active, it may effect the germination rates and germinating is probably the toughest part as a new grower (careful not to overwater!). Although it's pretty rare, I've seen some of the High Brix growers claim it's happened to them (they said the soil literally ATE the seed). Supersoil is not High Brix, but similar concepts and I HIGHLY recommend you checkout:

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

If you already have the coco - use it and be safe. If it were me, I'd probably just start it in the soil but, then again, I like to live on the edge! :rofl:

Haha yea he also tried to get me to buy a dome and tray system ment for 50 plants! I told him I'm growing 3. When you say put 8-10 seeds through it are you talking about the same dirt as me? Or another super soil? Thanks for the help man

Well, if you really wanted to be safe, and especially since you're a new grower, start in the coco. If the soil is super-active, it may effect the germination rates and germinating is probably the toughest part as a new grower (careful not to overwater!). Although it's pretty rare, I've seen some of the High Brix growers claim it's happened to them (they said the soil literally ATE the seed). Supersoil is not High Brix, but similar concepts and I HIGHLY recommend you checkout:

If you already have the coco - use it and be safe. If it were me, I'd probably just start it in the soil but, then again, I like to live on the edge! :rofl:
Wow

Wow dude that's great I probably will start it in the coco then because I already bought it and re hydrated it! Very helpful dude you rock

Back
Top Bottom